PDA

View Full Version : Stolen License Plate

Mini Art
02-10-2006, 12:09 PM
I hope you guys can help me out with this one. Some time last night, my aunts rear license plate was taken(stolen) from her car outside our house. There were also 2 other cars parked on the same street and nothing happened to them. This is the 2nd time its happened to her (different car) and I'm pissed the F*&% OFF!!:mad: So now we have to go to the DMV and get a replacement plate. We have to get this done today because she she has the day off, so making an appt is out. I hate standing in lines.

Anyways, so to avoid this from happening again, is there something I can buy like a special screw or something to securely mount the plate on the car without it being easily removed by someone? Any recommendations would be most helpful.

Thanks

325ic a beer
02-10-2006, 12:13 PM
I bet that it was a "personalised" plate. Was it?
Theives love to put those in their dorm rooms, bars, garages.
Its tempting for them and they just can't resist.
Losers. Didn't their parents teach them anything?

Bimrpwr
02-10-2006, 12:23 PM
that sucks man, but what ever you do make sure it wont cause arm to the person stealing them cuz they can come back and sue you and win. I heard about this guy in Canada that installed razor blades on his stereo and someone broke in and stole that cut his hands bad and sued the dude and won.

You might want to see if you can find those screws that will only let you srew them on and not off.

govtec
02-10-2006, 01:05 PM
that sucks man, but what ever you do make sure it wont cause arm to the person stealing them cuz they can come back and sue you and win. I heard about this guy in Canada that installed razor blades on his stereo and someone broke in and stole that cut his hands bad and sued the dude and won.

You might want to see if you can find those screws that will only let you srew them on and not off.

anyone who steal other peeps properties should be shot on the spot and hanged afterwards with all 10 of their fingers chopped off completely. y would i care about the thief being harmed? ur being financially and emotionally harmed urself, the victim should be suing not the perpetrator.

Mini Art
02-10-2006, 01:15 PM
I bet that it was a "personalised" plate. Was it?
Theives love to put those in their dorm rooms, bars, garages.
Its tempting for them and they just can't resist.
Losers. Didn't their parents teach them anything?

It wasn't a personalized plate. So I just don't get it. :confused:

Fast Bob
02-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Not much you can do....you could try something like using Allen-head screws to foil them, but agressive thieves would probably just rip off the entire plate, holder, and everything, causing even *more* damage. I personally prefer the booby-trapping approach, but today`s pussified, litigous society takes all the fun out of that....

Regards,
Bob

325ic a beer
02-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Wierd.
Report it to Police so when the bank robbery goes down, they don't come knockin' on Mom's door.

HW
02-10-2006, 01:23 PM
you can get screws that are uncommon. like the allen key w/ the hole in the middle or torx or the ones that just has 2 holes off centre. they're supposed to be call "security screws".

a_big_kahuna
02-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Wierd.
Report it to Police so when the bank robbery goes down, they don't come knockin' on Mom's door.

YEP ... YOU BETTER CALL THE COPS

mapsbmw
02-10-2006, 03:06 PM
you can get screws that are uncommon. like the allen key w/ the hole in the middle or torx or the ones that just has 2 holes off centre. they're supposed to be call "security screws".

Yeah, when I worked at a hardware store in high school there was an array of security screws you can buy. The screws are cheap, but the screwdrivers they require could run you about $20.00.