PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Becoming Very Rough

CapsFanBen
02-11-2006, 07:07 PM
i have a 2003 330xi with about 40k miles on it and the transmission is becoming very rough particularly on upshifts in low RPM's and downshifts at any RPM....any ideas?......and please dont be stupid and say to get a jap car if i dont wanna feel the shifts because the car did not used to do this....its the transmission just getting old, or is there something particular i can do about it

iwanna330cic
02-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Time for a tranny fluid change? :dunno:

Artslinger
02-12-2006, 05:37 AM
Here is a idea how about taking the car to the dealer for service if you have a problem... the car is under warranty. What do you think we can do about your rough shifting tranny?

Isn't "jap" a racist term?

CapsFanBen
02-12-2006, 09:08 AM
wow....certainly are quite a few douchy mcdouches on this forum....of course i can and will be taking it to the dealer, but they can only fix what they think might be wrong...since i live in chicago, the dealer is always VERY busy, so if i can help them out in any way with what it might be, that's always good

Fast Bob
02-12-2006, 09:13 AM
Isn't "jap" a racist term?

YES: If it`s used to refer to a person of Japanese descent....
NO: If it`s used to describe a certain type of female behavior, often found in areas like "Long Guyland, New Yawk".... :-)

Regards,
Bob

iwanna330cic
02-12-2006, 02:15 PM
YES: If it`s used to refer to a person of Japanese descent....
NO: If it`s used to describe a certain type of female behavior, often found in areas like "Long Guyland, New Yawk".... :-)

hmmmmm. I don't know, Bob - I hope you are Jewish. If so, perhaps that was a cute remark. If not, then it's just as aggregeous as the "jap" comment :confused:

Doug

CapsFanBen
02-12-2006, 02:30 PM
u guys are waaay to F'ing pc.....jap is short for japanese...give me a ****ing break...and J.A.P. (as in jewish american princess) is not even close to being racist....ugh

Artslinger
02-13-2006, 04:53 AM
Hey just admit your mistake of using an offensive term...
you can be a big man and do that right?

iwanna330cic
02-13-2006, 05:30 AM
u guys are waaay to F'ing pc.....jap is short for japanese...give me a ****ing break...and J.A.P. (as in jewish american princess) is not even close to being racist....ugh

It's comments like that, that prove how insensitive people can be. I am hardly pc.... just aware of inappropriate and offensive labels used on a public forum. Using the word, "jap" is rude. Saying "J.A.P." may certainly be descriptive, but it is borderline anti-semetic when used in certain context - like a public forum. If you disagree, that's fine. But don't expect most intelligent people will agree with you.

P.Chas
02-13-2006, 06:53 AM
How thin-skinned the P.C. crowd are. Why should anyone object to the abbreviation
"Jap" ?.
I certainly do not mind the British being referred to as "Brits".

Ajax
02-13-2006, 08:38 AM
That's it....the neighborhood is totally fooked. Now we have 3 owner going after 3 owner.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR DISPARAGING REMARKS OF/TO OTHER OWNERS CROSS MODELS!

:)

AF
02-13-2006, 08:41 AM
Getting back on topic ... is this rough feeling producing any type of crunching noise while shifting ... if so I have had this happen to me on my other cars and the gear might need to be replaced.

Are you getting any other type of symptoms like hitting the gas pedal and the car revs but isn't moving as quickly as it should ... like a gear is slipping ? If that is the case it might be a clutch issue.

Does the clutch still grab strongly ... if so than I would think it is more of a transmission problem.

Can you give more of a description of exactly what you are feeling ?

jillyjellyroll
02-13-2006, 08:45 AM
Have you taken a peek under your car to see if the transmission case is wet at all (i.e. leaking transmission fluid)? I'm not sure if leaking trans fluid would cause the problems you are experiencing, but it might give you an idea if there's something (visibly) wrong with your transmission.

Artslinger
02-13-2006, 08:50 AM
How thin-skinned the P.C. crowd are. Why should anyone object to the abbreviation
"Jap" ?.
I certainly do not mind the British being referred to as "Brits".

You may not be familiar with the American use of the term "jap".

Coined more than a century ago, the term "Jap" became increasingly venomous as anti-Japanese tensions grew in the United States, exploding during World War II when thousands of people of Japanese descent were herded into barbed-wire internment camps.

chuck92103
02-13-2006, 08:54 AM
i have a 2003 330xi with about 40k miles on it and the transmission is becoming very rough particularly on upshifts in low RPM's and downshifts at any RPM....any ideas?......and please dont be stupid and say to get a jap car if i dont wanna feel the shifts because the car did not used to do this....its the transmission just getting old, or is there something particular i can do about it

I would say probably software. Take it to the dealer. It is possible at this point in time your car might be experiencing an issue that a newer version of transmission software wil address.

I doubt it is anything mechanical.

Have you had any software updates recently that might have introduced this issue?

GJR
02-13-2006, 09:27 AM
[QUOTE=Isn't "jap" a racist term?[/QUOTE]

If you have to ask, what do you care?

Artslinger
02-13-2006, 10:02 AM
If you have to ask, what do you care?

I miss your point?

AF
02-13-2006, 11:39 AM
I miss your point?

I think his point was If you have to ask, what do you care? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(sorry I couldn't resist !!!)

Artslinger
02-13-2006, 11:54 AM
I think his point was If you have to ask, what do you care? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(sorry I couldn't resist !!!)

Yeh I still don't get it.