PDA

View Full Version : remote start

dpman23
02-12-2006, 02:46 PM
does the '06 750li have remote start capabilities?

760Lifan
02-12-2006, 03:59 PM
does the '06 750li have remote start capabilities?
Well, you can get this option in Germany ("Standheizung/Lueftung mit Fernbedienung" which means "Heating- and Ventilationsystem with Remote"). The difference to the typical remote-start is that the engine is not involved. Everything is powered by the battery.

You can program the ventilation and heater over the Bordcomputer with a timer. There might also be aftermarket-solutions for "true" remote start systems, but OEM-equipment for this option isn't available in the States, as far as I know...

jkb
02-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Well, you can get this option in Germany ("Standheizung/Lueftung mit Fernbedienung" which means "Heating- and Ventilationsystem with Remote"). The difference to the typical remote-start is that the engine is not involved. Everything is powered by the battery.

You can program the ventilation and heater over the Bordcomputer with a timer. There might also be aftermarket-solutions for "true" remote start systems, but OEM-equipment for this option isn't available in the States, as far as I know...

i am confused. is remote start option available in Europe? does it have different remote for remote start button?

BmW745On19's
02-12-2006, 08:13 PM
If you go into the Climate submenu, there is a thing that says Ventilation or something of that nature, in Germany, there is an option for it to utilize the heater instead.

760Lifan
02-13-2006, 09:22 AM
i am confused. is remote start option available in Europe? does it have different remote for remote start button?
Yes, it is available in in Europe but it doesn't start the engine. You get a little remote with an antenna and you can turn on the heater or ventilation (ventilation, NOT air-conditioner since this would require a running engine). In Germany, we used to have it on our 5-series BMW 5 years ago...

760Lifan
02-13-2006, 09:29 AM
If you go into the Climate submenu, there is a thing that says Ventilation or something of that nature, in Germany, there is an option for it to utilize the heater instead.
As far as I remember, heating or cooling is both triggered from the menu you have mentioned. The system heats/ventilates at your programmed time. There is actually no separate menu for heating and cooling. If you pre-set the temperature, let's say at 72 F, the system triggers the ventilation if the interior temperature is above that (summer). In winter or when the interior temperature is below the pre-set temperature, the system triggers the heater.

The only difference to the European version is that we can't trigger the system without programming it in advance since we don't have the required remote..