PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

saint166
02-12-2006, 08:40 PM
hey im new to this site . i have a 1997 m3 and love my cay before it i had a 1999 328i nice car too but no m3 lol . so far i have installed a cold air intake , headers and remus exhaust , and just today i did the m50 intake swap and omg guys its totally worth it . i got it from a wreckers for 150 cnd and made the kit myself for 20$ and with help from my brother had it on in 4 hrs with a few beer breaks lol turned the key on loaded the fuel rail and it fired right up no vaccum leaks or gas leaks loll imagine that . then i took it out to the highway and it has made a big diff . ok nuff bout that , anyone here done the euro mass air swap yet and if so was it worth it . my next thing is a lighter flywheel and new cluth . k well hope to talk to everyone again . bye for now

thilton59
02-12-2006, 10:12 PM
what m50 intake swap are you speaking of? I'm unfamiliar of it.

saint166
02-13-2006, 08:51 AM
the m50 intake swap is using an itake from a 323 or a 325 or a m3 93 to 95 . this intake is much freer flowing . its not a huge job and u should be able to find one on ebay or a large wreckers .there are intructions on the net to make the swap . anymore questions feel free to ask

thilton59
02-13-2006, 06:23 PM
ok, thanks for the clarification, I've heard of it beofre but it just wasn't ringing any bells.

SoloII///M
02-16-2006, 05:56 AM
hey im new to this site . i have a 1997 m3 and love my cay before it i had a 1999 328i nice car too but no m3 lol . so far i have installed a cold air intake , headers and remus exhaust , and just today i did the m50 intake swap and omg guys its totally worth it . i got it from a wreckers for 150 cnd and made the kit myself for 20$ and with help from my brother had it on in 4 hrs with a few beer breaks lol turned the key on loaded the fuel rail and it fired right up no vaccum leaks or gas leaks loll imagine that . then i took it out to the highway and it has made a big diff . ok nuff bout that , anyone here done the euro mass air swap yet and if so was it worth it . my next thing is a lighter flywheel and new cluth . k well hope to talk to everyone again . bye for now

I did the Euro HFM / Chip / 21.5lb injectors mod to my '95 M3 and yes, it made a world of difference. Probably one of the best upgrades that can be done.

Have you converted to OBD-I? If so, piece of cake upgrade. If not, it's a bit trickier.

saint166
02-16-2006, 08:17 AM
no i havent im not sure whats involved in that . if u have a site that gives instructions on it please pass it along

SoloII///M
02-16-2006, 11:37 AM
no i havent im not sure whats involved in that . if u have a site that gives instructions on it please pass it along

I would check out www.bimmerforums.com and do a search for that information. This board is kind of dead these days with regard to technical information.

saint166
02-16-2006, 04:32 PM
great thanks ill look into that . the best site i have found on repairs is that do it yourself site its amazing

Pinecone
02-18-2006, 05:54 AM
CAREFULLY check your state laws and how things are done WRT inspections and emissions. OBD I conversions may make your car off road only.

In MD they do 96 and later cars by hooking up to the OBD II port and reading the codes. If you convert to OBD I, this cannot be done and yo have now made your car non-street legal. Not a good thing to find out too late.

Yes, mroe technical stuff on bimmerforums, but a LOT more chaff with teh wheat, watch some of the advice there, is is VERY suspect and outright wrong in many cases. Quality over quantity. :)

SoloII///M
02-19-2006, 01:54 PM
CAREFULLY check your state laws and how things are done WRT inspections and emissions. OBD I conversions may make your car off road only.

In MD they do 96 and later cars by hooking up to the OBD II port and reading the codes. If you convert to OBD I, this cannot be done and yo have now made your car non-street legal. Not a good thing to find out too late.

Yes, mroe technical stuff on bimmerforums, but a LOT more chaff with teh wheat, watch some of the advice there, is is VERY suspect and outright wrong in many cases. Quality over quantity. :)

Agreed with the conversion. It may not be legal.

All this stuff has been hashed out years ago on bf.c, but somehow it's just making its way to the 'fest. Yeah, there is a lot of BS and lots of kids over there but there used to be some really knowledgable people - just have to use the 'search' function and find what you need.