PDA

View Full Version : 2004 745i sunroof issues

alsk
02-13-2006, 04:16 PM
Hi,

I have had this car for the past 2 years,, and i have had continued problems with the a noisy sunroof which began a few months after my purchase. I have taken it in for repairs over 10 times, and each time the repairs lasts a few weeks, and then the incredibly annoying wind noise starts again. I love the car, but I have become hesitant in buying another bmw because of this continuing problem that they cannot seem to fix, and blame on design flaws which i dont buy..
Anyone else has had this problem with this car? Any suggestions on a fix? I am tempted in just buying some sealing tape from Home Depot and sealing the darn thing myself....

kd2789mo
02-13-2006, 06:12 PM
Mine is perfectly quiet. I don't think it is any type of "design flaw," as I don't recall reading about it as being an ongoing or populated issue.
A suggestion may be to find a good quality body shop technician, and ask them to have a look at it.

bimmer7
02-13-2006, 10:50 PM
Mine is perfectly quiet. I don't think it is any type of "design flaw," as I don't recall reading about it as being an ongoing or populated issue.
A suggestion may be to find a good quality body shop technician, and ask them to have a look at it.

I agree ... were you the first owner since the car was new? if not I would have it checked like KD mentioned by a professional bodyshop! for any damage to the roof prior to you acquiring the vehicle...as this is definitely not normal! :tsk:

BMWNA
02-23-2006, 09:37 AM
Iím with BMW of North America, LLC. Iím so sorry to read about this problem you are having with your sunroof. If you and your BMW center would like our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117 or email us at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com, and mention Reference #200605400922 so that we can help you more efficiently.