PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow 7er's: New Member (745LI)

D2-AUTOSPORT
02-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to say hello, and introduce the new vehicle. Previous car was a modified Lexus GS400, and I can truly say that the 7 is a altogether different animal. One of the most surprising things was the handling prowess bone stock!

It's also odd the amount of attention this car generates (kind of like "who is that in there" type looks). I think this car gets the same attention bone stock that the Lexus got with 20" forged wheels, coilovers, exhaust, aerokit, etc etc

The basic stats on the car are:

BMW 745LI
ALPINE WHITE / SAND
CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
LUXURY SEATING
PDC

The vehicle is truly impressive, I picked it up from HABBERSTAD BMW, Long Island, NY about 1 month ago. Certified Preowned, Ext warranty AND maintenence :thumbup: lol

If you have seen one stock car you have seen them all, so here's a few quick shots for reference. There are a host of mods planned for the car, so I look forward to sharing, as well as witnessing other modified vehicles taking shape!

Have a good one guys!

-Derrick

http://d2autosport.com/gallery/project745li/pic3.jpg

http://d2autosport.com/gallery/project745li/pic1.jpg

http://d2autosport.com/gallery/project745li/pic2.jpg

jek889
02-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Welcome! Nice looking Li. What year model is it? It looks like an '02??

bimmer7
02-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Congratulations Sweet Car! :thumbup: Love the combination White/Cream Beige my personal fav :) very rare here in Canada!

gbelton
02-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Welcome to the Bimmer family. Nice pics and I hope you are really enjoying that 7er.:thumbup:

If you need anything we are here to help.

Your new Bimmer family,

GMAN

D2-AUTOSPORT
02-14-2006, 10:12 AM
Welcome! Nice looking Li. What year model is it? It looks like an '02??

Its a late production 02 (thats why its still under the original maintence program). Already had the software update, DVD Nav, etc etc

Congratulations Sweet Car! :thumbup: Love the combination White/Cream Beige my personal fav :) very rare here in Canada!

Yeah I searched High and low for Alpine white and was very pleased to find such a clean one! Trust me white is rare in Canada and everywhere else!!

Welcome to the Bimmer family. Nice pics and I hope you are really enjoying that 7er.:thumbup:

If you need anything we are here to help.

Hey thank you very much, really appreciate that! What parts of NJ and NY are you in? i have family in Roselle / Union and I have clients in Poughkeepsie, New Paltz, Fallsburgh, Middletown, etc etc

bigmonyc
02-14-2006, 12:55 PM
Welcome Derrik... lol Still having a hard time find one thats as good as CL

gbelton
02-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Hey thank you very much, really appreciate that! What parts of NJ and NY are you in? i have family in Roselle / Union and I have clients in Poughkeepsie, New Paltz, Fallsburgh, Middletown, etc etc

I have a home in South Jersey (Burlington) and a apartment in Upstate NY (Nyack). My 7er is registered in NY and my 6er in NJ.

So what do you do if you do not mind sharing? You can PM the details if you like.

GMAN

D2-AUTOSPORT
02-14-2006, 02:57 PM
I have a home in South Jersey (Burlington) and a apartment in Upstate NY (Nyack). My 7er is registered in NY and my 6er in NJ.

So what do you do if you do not mind sharing? You can PM the details if you like.

GMAN

No its not a problem at all, D2-AUTOSPORT is a company that I founded a few years ago, we sell wheels / tires / suspension / aerodynamics for luxury and exotic cars. We are sponsors of e46fanatics, as well as a few other automotive forums (clublexus, mbworld, g35driver, etc).

Feel free to take a look at the site if you like.

www.d2autosport.com

D2-AUTOSPORT
02-14-2006, 02:58 PM
Welcome Derrik... lol Still having a hard time find one thats as good as CL

Yeah ClubLexus will spoil ya! lol

EdLover-745
04-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Hey D2,

Just picked up my 02 745 yesterday and wondering the details on upgrading the nav to DVD. Did you update the LCD Screen as well? I checked out you 745 project, the car looks great.

sevenme
05-01-2006, 09:16 AM
D2/Ed,

Also have an '02 745Li and was curious about the upgrade on the navigation and any other items that might be part of maintenance.

Does the upgrade come with maintenance?

D2-AUTOSPORT
05-02-2006, 05:03 AM
Guys I'm going to sound really slow, but I never asked! I actually took the car in for service last week too under the maintence program! lol:dunno: :cry:

dbringas
05-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Its a late production 02 (thats why its still under the original maintence program). Already had the software update, DVD Nav, etc etc

hey guys i just got my '03 745LI what kind of updates are there?is it part of maintenance?

D2-AUTOSPORT
05-08-2006, 07:20 PM
hey guys i just got my '03 745LI what kind of updates are there?is it part of maintenance?

a search on this forum would turn up more comprehensive info, but the software update covers a plethora of functions from the navigation to the radio etc etc