PDA

View Full Version : m3 upgrades

saint166
02-15-2006, 09:36 AM
hey everyone . i have had my car almost a year and just recently did some perf upgrades . i have been doing lots of research before i started and have really noticed that alot of guys buy these super high end parts . i built my own cold air intake and heat sheild and it turned out great , cost 40$ . i replaced my rotors with cross drilled zimmermans with perf brakes cost 400$ . headers and remus cat back exhaust 600$ . m50 intake swap 170 including making my own kit . sachs clutch and fidanza light weight flywheel 800$ . i can do everything myself so labour is my own time . i understand there are the guys out there that love buying dinan etc but for all u guys out there that want to do stuff and not break the bank try what i did my car runs amazing and is alot faster than stock but still is a great daily driver . bye for now all u bimmer nuts lol p.s. that adds up to 1840$ cnd alot of guys are just getting a clutch installed for that much cash

SoloII///M
02-16-2006, 05:45 AM
Cross drilled rotors are a performance upgrade? :confused:

saint166
02-16-2006, 08:14 AM
lol of course they are they perform much better than stock rotors hmmmmmmmm maybe thats why they are used on race cars

KCLARK
02-16-2006, 10:26 AM
oh so you got these for your race car??

SoloII///M
02-16-2006, 11:35 AM
lol of course they are they perform much better than stock rotors hmmmmmmmm maybe thats why they are used on race cars

:rofl: Right, because the cross-drilled rotors you can buy are of the same quality as the ones on race cars.

Have fun with your new cracked rotors!

binary89
02-16-2006, 03:17 PM
But, seriously...
Your not stupid, I just wouldn't try to defend my self if I was wrong or missinformed

saint166
02-16-2006, 04:35 PM
lol this will be my last posting on here u guys are not guys but bimmer snobs i may drive a bimmer but im just a regular guy . cya

SoloII///M
02-16-2006, 06:50 PM
lol this will be my last posting on here u guys are not guys but bimmer snobs i may drive a bimmer but im just a regular guy . cya

Sorry. Didn't mean to be a d!ck, but definitely don't want you to waste money on parts that aren't going to help you.