PDA

View Full Version : lowering 745 Li w/ edc self level

se7en34
02-15-2006, 01:02 PM
2002 745 Li ............... who has done this? and how did you lower the rear?....a few shops ive called say they cant lower the rear because of the self leveling, only the front. but then ive also heard there is a way to program the air suspension to sit lower. any advice??? thanks

BmW745On19's
02-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Yeah, all 7's come with a self leveling rear suspension that uses hydrolics or air bags, I haven't heard of reprogramming it but I don't think it's possible.

D2-AUTOSPORT
02-15-2006, 05:53 PM
Yeah, all 7's come with a self leveling rear suspension that uses hydrolics or air bags, I haven't heard of reprogramming it but I don't think it's possible.

Just a bit of clarification, the auto-leveling rear is not standard on all 7's it was a option.

For cars that have it, you need to get a set of springs / coilovers for the front, and then you need to have hardware fabricated for the rear to relocate the sensors to lower it. (kinda like the MB guys do to lower the Airmatic / ABC cars). Its really simple

BmW745On19's
02-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Yeah thats what I mean't. The active suspension was the option that was a waste of money, IMO.

2fst2c
02-27-2006, 11:43 PM
2002 745 Li ............... who has done this? and how did you lower the rear?....a few shops ive called say they cant lower the rear because of the self leveling, only the front. but then ive also heard there is a way to program the air suspension to sit lower. any advice??? thanks
The AC Schnitzer kit come's with the front springs and the softwear! I juts took mine and had the dealer do it.. total cost was like $1,500.00