PDA

View Full Version : E90 extra brake/rear fog lights

D.D.
02-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Does the E90 have any extra tail lights that are not being used that are intended for the European market only? I have MINI Cooper "S", and they are delivered with the rear fog lights NOT hooked up. They are wired, with bulbs, but are not connected. However, if you jump the light, you have double the stop lights!! An easy mod to do. Soooo, I was wondering if the E90 has the extra lights that you can hook up to double the brake light? I am taking delivery of the car this Monday......Any info would be appreciated!! Thanks:thumbup: :thumbup:

tierfreund
02-16-2006, 12:35 AM
What for? The E90 allready has very good adaptive break lights that are more than sufficient. Why hook up more lights?

Are you sure, this isnīt modding for the sake of modding?

Btw. The answer to your question is yes: The Euro version has two additional fog lights in the rear clusters. In the US version these are empty. You could equip the chambers with lights using Euro spec parts and wire them up in parallel with the brake lights. The car might throw an error code due to the lowered resistance of the twin parallel brake lights though.

I wouldnīt bother. Thereīs really nothing to be gained here.

Penforhire
02-16-2006, 09:13 AM
The way manufacturers semi-delete rear fog lights for the USA market always annoys me. The moldings and sometimes the wiring is in place but they leave it non-functional. It might be against some Federal legislation but it is not as if we never get heavy fog. If it is a good safety item for the UK then why not here?

mapsbmw
02-16-2006, 10:26 AM
Don't know if this is what you are talking about....but the brake lights have two stages. When you press the brakes normally, the bottom lights furthest from the trunk light up. When the brakes are pressed harder (ie rapid stopping) all the bottom lights light up.