PDA

View Full Version : mounting sirius antenna?

beemster
02-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Installing new sirius tomorrow and have read threads on antenna placement.
I am thinking about putting or "mounting" on the rear deck inside. Wondering about the reception and "drop outs" from people who have done it this way. Don't like the idea of mounting it on the roof/trunk.

BmW745On19's
02-15-2006, 07:15 PM
Mount it on your back shelf where the rear tail light is, right under the glass, nice easy installation and very hard to detect.:thumbup:

Ahhh!-

beemster
02-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Thanks that's what I have in mind. Just wondering how good the reception is going to be. Do you have yours mounted there ? And thanks for the reply.

wwb4
02-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Installing new sirius tomorrow and have read threads on antenna placement.
I am thinking about putting or "mounting" on the rear deck inside. Wondering about the reception and "drop outs" from people who have done it this way. Don't like the idea of mounting it on the roof/trunk.

When I install XM I plan on doing the same. However, the only problems with reception I've heard can be experienced if you have your windows tinted and have your antenna mounted on your inside rear deck.

beemster
02-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Guess I'll try mounting it on the back deck inside. If the recep. sucks I'll just move it. Hate the idea of mounting on the roof or top of the trunk lit. Like a nice clean look.

Salvator
02-15-2006, 08:20 PM
I have mine mounted on the roof (was not aware of the rear deck option at the time :cry: ). Mounted it in the same position as the Shark fin on the newer cars... ran the wire under window rubber lip, around the side, into trunk (on 325Ci, there is a little plug on the drivers side... popped it out, shoved wire end through, slit plug and slid it over cable, pushed it back in hole around cable and siliconed it... ) Ran cable behind trunk liner, under rear seat, under plastic trim along edge of car, up under A-pillar trim, and have my head unit mounted in headliner (next to sunroof switch...) Other than the antenna itself and about an inch of cable, its all hidden... of course, if I had it to do again, I'd mount it on the rear deck! ;)