PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL B7 info out today: 2/16/06

SpeedFreak!
02-16-2006, 01:25 PM
BMW Alpina B7 (That edit is for you Sarafil :D)

Wow... :yikes: 0-60 in 4.8 sec... incredible.

:thumbup:

andy_thomas
02-16-2006, 02:51 PM

It should be better even than that. IIRC Autocar (UK) got the old B7 - same car/ engine/ drivetrain, only pre-facelift - to 60 mph in about that time in the wet.

SpeedFreak!
02-16-2006, 03:56 PM
It should be better even than that. IIRC Autocar (UK) got the old B7 - same car/ engine/ drivetrain, only pre-facelift - to 60 mph in about that time in the wet.

Fortunately... we can always count on BMW for their conservative specs. :thumbup:

SARAFIL
02-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Fortunately... we can always count on BMW for their conservative specs. :thumbup:

D'oh... just posted this in another post before I saw this post. I searched for "Alpina" and found nothing. ;)

SpeedFreak!
02-16-2006, 07:34 PM
D'oh... just posted this in another post before I saw this post. I searched for "Alpina" and found nothing. ;)

:rofl: I searched using B7... found some interesting stuff, but nothing yet... so I guess I beat'cha to it... :p

:D

Shades
02-16-2006, 07:48 PM
I just read in a Toronto paper today that Canada will also be getting the B7 this summer.It didn't say how many they are importing.That is going to be one fast 7 series.

SpeedFreak!
02-16-2006, 08:17 PM
I just read in a Toronto paper today that Canada will also be getting the B7 this summer.It didn't say how many they are importing.That is going to be one fast 7 series.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it, myself. It's such a large, yet agile car, I just can't seem to imagine the sensation.

I wonder how it will compare... from a driver's position... with the other big boats pushing over 500hp. :dunno:

The numbers are going to be extremely small... even in the US. We're suppose to only get 1 for the whole year :yikes: , and we are located in one of the top 5 wealthiest parts of America.

Jeff_DML
02-17-2006, 10:15 AM
some of the press photos

Mr Paddle.Shift
02-17-2006, 01:30 PM
It's a bit late to bring that over...but better than never. I think BMW NA should try to train dealerships to learn more about Alpina, eg who came first M or Alpina? Why the B in B7? Lists of firsts by Alpina which were adopted by BMW etc. I am pretty sure til this day, some sales goons still have no clue about the who, why and what about Alpina. (not you Speedfreak! I know you're well prepared for my Alpina quiz. :p)

Here's the dyno sheet I have been wanting to post. It's from ASA and as the date goes, I think the testing started as early as May 2000. Alpina also subjected the compressor through a BMW testing program in Southern France for 2 weeks under 35C weather.

And hrm, did I mention I have a ASA SC in my M54B25? 24 track events and still strong. Now that's reliability.:angel:

http://home.comcast.net/~vsengineering/Alpina_b7_hp_torque.jpg

SpeedFreak!
02-18-2006, 01:30 PM
some of the press photos

Thanks, dude... I wasn't allowed to post those yet. :thumbup:

Hey Paddle... your input on FI is priceless! :thumbup: I will be doing this to my car. :D

andy_thomas
02-18-2006, 03:35 PM
Thanks, dude... I wasn't allowed to post those yet. :thumbup:

Why not? The car's been out in Europe for nearly two years. :dunno:

SpeedFreak!
02-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Why not? The car's been out in Europe for nearly two years. :dunno:

The memo I had (with the same pictures) on 2/15 stated clearly that it was for internal use only. :eeps: I'm being extremely cautious these days. :thumbup:

wwb4
02-18-2006, 06:49 PM
some of the press photos

That's a good looking car!!! :thumbup: I've always really liked the Alpina BMWs.

Travis Tucker
02-22-2006, 03:27 PM
If I get one we are an MSRP dealer in Santa Barbara - so place your deposit early.

Vitacura
02-22-2006, 03:49 PM
Wow! Btw, what is MSRP on one of these?

Travis Tucker
02-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Our bulletin says that full pricing, options, etc are coming in the next few weeks.

SpeedFreak!
02-22-2006, 05:18 PM
If I get one we are an MSRP dealer in Santa Barbara - so place your deposit early.

Ooo... :eeps: ...sucks to be you... :p

:D

neill
03-07-2006, 12:37 AM

The number for Canada that I have heard is 19 units..... :thumbup:

And we are lucky enough to be getting one. Your local retailer in Canada will know by now if they will be allocated one.

Double Vanos
03-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Whoa its about time for Alpinas to touch the US mainland, i'm sure that baby will go for at least $140K.

rost12
03-07-2006, 03:52 PM
The number for Canada that I have heard is 19 units..... :thumbup:

And we are lucky enough to be getting one. Your local retailer in Canada will know by now if they will be allocated one.

I believe it's going to be a bit more than 19, depending on how many deposits the dealerships will gather, I guess.

Placed a deposit recently, waiting for pricing and options info to be released to finalize the offer :eeps:

neill
03-07-2006, 10:25 PM
I believe it's going to be a bit more than 19, depending on how many deposits the dealerships will gather, I guess.

Placed a deposit recently, waiting for pricing and options info to be released to finalize the offer :eeps:

Unfortunately, demand will not dictate supply........ witness M5 volumes vs. demand. The retailers in Canada that are receiving one (and the memo was pretty clear that it is only one for this model year along with the overall volume, based on historical 7 Series sales) have already been chosen by BMW Canada.

I would recommend finding out if (a) your retailer is getting one (quite likely if you are in the GTA), and (b) yours is the first and/or only deposit on the car. If you are second in line, and #1 completes the order, you might be left without or waiting for an '07. Just my .02

rost12
03-08-2006, 10:21 AM
I saw that very same memo :) And my deposit is first on the line, unless the sales-manager lied to me, so I should be set.

I was still told Canada could get around 25 car total, but it's not really important, I guess. All I want to know is what sort of "Alpina" options are going to be on the car aside from the engine/wheels/aero, if any. The demo car they had at the show didn't have that much "Alpina" in the interior, which was a bit disappointing.

neill
03-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Congrats!!

neill
04-02-2006, 09:09 PM
:cry:

We received a memo late in the week stating that there will now be no 06 B7 production for Canada.....

Bmw M3 Guy
09-28-2006, 12:23 AM
BMW Alpina B7 (That edit is for you Sarafil :D)

Hey, clean your inbox!! I tried PMing you.. Its Justin with the lsb m3. meet you at harloff.

SpeedFreak!
09-28-2006, 01:08 AM
Hey, clean your inbox!! I tried PMing you.. Its Justin with the lsb m3. meet you at harloff.

I told you I haven't poked around in here in many, many months... :D (did anyone miss me :eeps: ) :rofl:

I cleaned it out for ya... send her away! :thumbup:

Bmw M3 Guy
09-30-2006, 12:48 PM
I told you I haven't poked around in here in many, many months... :D (did anyone miss me :eeps: ) :rofl:

I cleaned it out for ya... send her away! :thumbup:

I thought i saw you driving on thurdsday on enc blvd/saxony

neill
11-16-2006, 11:17 PM
Hot off the press - B7 is a go for Canada for MY 07. SOP is January, and approx 50 units will be built for "up here"........ :thumbup:

TommyBahama
11-17-2006, 03:53 AM
is this the closest thing we are going to get to an M7?

there is an AMG 55, 65 and an audi s8 BMW needs to join this group if not for the sales but for the PR of having their lux sedan runing with the other big boys.

Shades
11-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Hot off the press - B7 is a go for Canada for MY 07. SOP is January, and approx 50 units will be built for "up here"........ :thumbup:

Was the 2006 model ever released in the US?