PDA

View Full Version : How to fight a ticket that I didn't get?

whereismybimmer
02-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Sorry if I post this in the wrong area.

Just got a "Notice of outstanding parking violation". I got a double park ticket!
I havent' got any speeding or parking tickets for 5 years.

I remember that day. The NYPD traffice guy asked me to move my car while I was waiting for a spot. The drive was there I told him the guy was about to leave. He warned me again. So fxxk it I moved.

Now a month later I got a ticket. I have never received a ticket from that guy. How to fight?

I really hate those guys. They just issue ticket for no reason, wrong car, no location. They are like make up things from no where.

Thanks
William

chuck92103
02-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Sorry if I post this in the wrong area.

Just got a "Notice of outstanding parking violation". I got a double park ticket!
I havent' got any speeding or parking tickets for 5 years.

I remember that day. The NYPD traffice guy asked me to move my car while I was waiting for a spot. The drive was there I told him the guy was about to leave. He warned me again. So fxxk it I moved.

Now a month later I got a ticket. I have never received a ticket from that guy. How to fight?

I really hate those guys. They just issue ticket for no reason, wrong car, no location. They are like make up things from no where.

Thanks
William

Go to court, most likely the cop won't show up and the ticket will be cleared.

Parking tickets do not affect driving record. Depending on the hassle, you might just pay it.

Fast Bob
02-16-2006, 09:56 PM
Go over that ticket with a fine-tooth comb....check *all* the details, plate number, make & color of car, date & time of "offense", location, etc. Any mistakes can be used to your advantage. I once got a parking ticket in NYC, and after examining it, was delighted to see that one digit on the plate # had been written incorrectly.... I just ignored it, and never heard from them again....

Regards,
Bob

2002 tii
02-17-2006, 08:03 AM
The below links may be helpful. In brief, however, you will likely need to appear at a hearing , and most commonly the fine will be reduced.

http://www.theinsider.com/nyc/survive/008park.htm
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/broch/c49.htm

govtec
02-17-2006, 11:36 AM
looks like the officer pulled a quick one on u. just challenge it and tell them what happened.