PDA

View Full Version : BMW Certified warrantee question

madforce
02-17-2006, 02:52 PM
After MUCH searching, I am about to buy a MINT 2002 4.4i w/ 15K miles on it; it has a BMW Certified warrantee. Will this be transferable to me, and if so, how do I go about transferring it?

Bart001
02-17-2006, 04:15 PM
It sounds like you are buying from a private party an X5 that they purchased from a dealership as a CPO (Certified Pre-Owned). If that is the case, make sure that you get all of the appropriate paperwork from them. If you have doubts, bring the paperwork to a local BMW dealership and get them to verify that the car indeed carries the CPO warranty.

As stated on the BMW website, "The Certified Pre-Owned BMW Protection Plan is fully transferable from the original Certified Pre-Owned BMW purchaser or lessee to subsequent owner(s) or lessee(s)."

I'm sure that any dealership can help you with the tranfer, or you can call BMW of North America directly for assistance.

SARAFIL
02-17-2006, 05:16 PM
It sounds like you are buying from a private party an X5 that they purchased from a dealership as a CPO (Certified Pre-Owned). If that is the case, make sure that you get all of the appropriate paperwork from them. If you have doubts, bring the paperwork to a local BMW dealership and get them to verify that the car indeed carries the CPO warranty.

As stated on the BMW website, "The Certified Pre-Owned BMW Protection Plan is fully transferable from the original Certified Pre-Owned BMW purchaser or lessee to subsequent owner(s) or lessee(s)."

I'm sure that any dealership can help you with the tranfer, or you can call BMW of North America directly for assistance.

The transfer is easy... you just need to fill out the "Change of Information" card (not sure what the exact name of it is, but you'll know what I'm talking about you look at it) at the back of the Service and Warranty Information booklet (or in the CPO warranty booklet) and mail it in to BMW.

madforce
02-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Thank you both for the help!