PDA

View Full Version : Software Upgrades

rahrah215
02-17-2006, 08:43 PM
I have two questions. First I would like to say I am proud owner of a CPO 745i. I love the car. But to my questions.

1. How much does a software upgrade cost?
I have been reading around on the forums and some of the things mentioned in the new CIP's, seem to be wrong with my car.

2. How long does it take for the update to complete?
I think I saw on one forum that it takes like 2 or 3 days.

And if anyone could tell me where the antena connects to the radio so i can check on it. Thanks

BmW745On19's
02-17-2006, 08:47 PM
1. It should be included with the car warranty, I think, if not it would be ~$60 and if you do that you can have a whole list of things programmed into the car, i.e. door locks w/ speed, unlock w/ park, perimeter lighting for 30 seconds, etc.

2. About 2 days depending on how busy your dealer is.

chowan24
02-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Update takes less than 1 day. if you have all your computers reprogrammed it takes a day. I just had it done....

Boxboss
02-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Update takes less than 1 day. if you have all your computers reprogrammed it takes a day. I just had it done....We had the "locks with speed" programming done as an afterthought at the 15K (actual 12k) service. The SA handed us the keys when the service was complete and we said, "Oh, change the programming to locks with speed." He said, "Sure." Fifteen minutes later, it was done.

rahrah215
02-19-2006, 06:15 PM
Update takes less than 1 day. if you have all your computers reprogrammed it takes a day. I just had it done....

How much did it cost you to have your car programmed. Do you just call up to the BMW dealership and set an appointment to drop your car off.

Is there a list anywhere where it shows what features you can have programmed in your car.

Keith2
02-19-2006, 07:47 PM
Last week I had my 2005 745i reprogrammed. The service computer stopped counting down when it hit 12000. My dealer had it for 2 days. What I found interesting is that the reprogramming is done by BMW NA. The dealer plugs the car in, and someone at BMWNA checks the software, lists what needs to be replaced, and stops. The dealer replaces whatever modules are on the list, and then hooks the car up again. If everything jives, then the car is good...but sometimes, the software doesn't take, etc, so they have to replace more modules, etc. This is why it can take more than a day.