PDA

View Full Version : How much does a BMW dealership franchise cost?

Bobak
02-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know approximately how much a BMW dealership would cost? Of course, excluding the land, and other costs; just the name (franchise...) Are there any special requirements for someone that would like to get one?

Thanks

philippek
02-18-2006, 06:02 PM
[puts pinky to corner of mouth]

ONE....MILLION....DOLLARS!!!

wwb4
02-18-2006, 06:32 PM
[puts pinky to corner of mouth]

ONE....MILLION....DOLLARS!!!

At "least" that.....you would probably need to mulitply that "one" times something.....and I don't mean 1.....or 0.

SARAFIL
02-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know approximately how much a BMW dealership would cost? Of course, excluding the land, and other costs; just the name (franchise...) Are there any special requirements for someone that would like to get one?

Thanks

It's not that easy... you can't just call BMW and tell them you'd like a franchise! You either have to get approved to buy an existing franchise (and find a willing seller) or wait for the rare occasion when BMW decides that they need more coverage in a certain market.

Bobak
02-18-2006, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the numbers and other information. I'm don't want to get one, of course; I was just interested in knowing. Thanks.

cwsqbm
02-18-2006, 11:20 PM
It's not that easy... you can't just call BMW and tell them you'd like a franchise! You either have to get approved to buy an existing franchise (and find a willing seller) or wait for the rare occasion when BMW decides that they need more coverage in a certain market.

That seems like a lot of work just to be able to get BMW's at cost. I think I can convince BMW they need better coverage in my area, as I can only drive 7 miles in three directions and come to a BMW dealer. There needs to be one to the north too, just in case I get lost.