PDA

View Full Version : NEWBE 02 745 wheel question

VIREP
02-18-2006, 06:28 PM
I just purchased a 02 745I Black/Tan. I would like to purchase some wheels and it seems as if everyone has 22 inch wheels. I wanted to know if anyone hates their 22" wheels. Is the ride harsh? I do not have the sports package and would like if the ride is really bad now that they have 22's.

THanks for any input!

1Tymz
02-18-2006, 08:53 PM
I love my 22's. I thought for sure the ride quality was going to change drastically but it only stiffened up a little.
I drive my car like a granny anyways but with the 22's you really have to be careful. I swear it looks like my sidewalls are only 1" tall. Unfortunately with the 22's on, you have to change your driving habits. I really cant push it (speedwise) in fear of hitting potholes or uneven pavement.
I have yet to bend my rims, knock on wood, but my buddy does all the time. He sends them off and gets them fixed for about $175 a pop.
Another negative thing is that I lost the use of the tire pressure monitor. The mechanism in the wheel would not safely fit into the housing space of the newer low profile tire.
These are just my $ .02