PDA

View Full Version : Diesel E65

Daryl2468
02-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Hello to all, I have at the moment a 3.5ltr V8 E38, one of many 7 series owned for over 17 years, with no other brands owned in between. The main reason for this post is to find out any info on the E65 Diesel with the 3ltr engine, I have one on order, should have been March but delayed till April for delivery. I noticed most on this site get their fuel for practically free compaired to the U.K, cheers for any views on the car, Daryl.

760Lifan
02-23-2006, 02:25 PM
Hi Daryl,

Before we moved to the U.S. we were living in Germany. I know the European gas-prices..:bawling:

Well, a friend of us owns an E39 530d - not an E65 but the same engine. It is very powerful and he is very satisfied with it. I think you made a good choice (you can be sure 'cause it's still a BMW..:bigpimp: )!

bergy10
03-25-2006, 03:11 PM
I have a 730d SE. In just under 5 short months, done over 35,000 miles. Not one issue with the engine, quiet, and responds beautifully when you need that little boost.
Currently, I'm averaging about 42-43 mpg (I once reached 51mpg!). While fuel might be expensive, the fuel economy of the engine will return you the favour.

Daryl2468
05-05-2006, 11:05 AM
I have had the 3ltr diesel now for nearly a month, built from new with 3 extras that we could just afford, heated seats in front, elec. rear blind & elec. boot opening, nearly 1000.00 for those items. The car is great so far, quicly got used to the gearshift, indicator stalk, auto lights & wipers, even the voice activation & I-drive are all good gadgets to have in a car. The old 7 series has gone now, it did seem like that compaired to the new version, obvious really, but they seemed like chalk & cheese. The diesel is just so good on fuel & loads more powerfull into the bargian than the 3.5V8, cheers, Daryl.

bergy10
05-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Great to hear you like your motor. I'm now averaging 45mpg, after 45k miles! (mainly motorway). It just gets better and better!
Once I had to get to an airport quickly, the car easily reached 145mph, and still handles fantastically well.

pan
05-08-2006, 02:57 PM
A few years ago in Austria I rented a Diesel BMW. I was very impressed with the engine and the overall performance. If we could get those engines in the States I would definetly consider that as an option.