PDA

View Full Version : BTUM Experience with Treo, Nokia 6230 and SLVR

sidk
02-27-2006, 10:23 PM
I picked up the BTUM last weekend and have been trying with these phones. Best experience was with the Nokia, which is also the only one I tried that was on the official list. It worked right away and loaded the entire phone book. Treo did not initially work well, but upgraded the firmware to version 01.51 and now can make and receive calls through the car's system and speed dial list (not complete contacts list) gets uploaded. With the SLVR, could make and receive calls, but the phone book did not load. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sid

kd2789mo
02-28-2006, 09:18 AM
I have 2 Razr's paired. It's working seamlessly. When I enter the car with other than the last paired phone, the BTUM recognizes the other phone, and loads its phone-book into iDrive.
Next time I enter the car with the first phone, its recognized, and the BTUM loads its phone-book into iDrive.
If both phones are in the car, and I want to switch to the other, briefly removing the BTUM from the cradle, iDrive displays, "Phone Connected?," and reinserting, the BTUM logs on to the other phone, and loads its phone-book.

With the CPT9000 interface, and the approved phones, this is an excellent retro-fit.