PDA

View Full Version : Mirror or Black Tint?

demon-duc666
03-04-2006, 01:28 PM
First off, i would like to introduce myself and say hello to the community. Im a 22y/o coming straight out of the vwvortex community. Hopefully i can be welcomed here as well. But as the title says, i need help wit some tint opinions.
Today i just purchased a 97 silver M3 with some nice vaders. Do you think it would accent the car more with some mirror tint and opposed to the contrast from 5% black tint all around? Im sorry, ive ran a few searches and i couldnt find pictures of silver with mirror tint or with any debate over which anyone prefers.:dunno:
Pictures would be great, but expressed opinions is really what im after.

p.s. if i made any errors in etiquette, kindly let me know. im not a real big fan of instant ridicule commonly found on my old...eclipse2g forum. B.A.R.F and vwvortex have some great people and im hoping so do you! Thanks

LDV330i
03-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Welcome aboard. :thumbup: Just a heads up. Most people in BF would disapprove of mirror tint. Peoples's taste here are much more subdued than what you would find in Vortex. You also may want to check the tint laws in your state. Tintdude.com has spreadsheet with all the 50 states requirements.

Most tint films, mirror or not, are metallic. This may interfere with your radar detector and the radio antenna embedded in the rear window (I am not sure if this applicable to E36's). To avoid this issue you may want consider ceramic film though they are not available in limo tint.

demon-duc666
03-05-2006, 02:06 PM
thanks for the heads up and for the link... i myself am a ipod kind of guy, but just knowing that your radio wouldnt be very functional bites. off to do some local ceramic tint research...

style-a
03-22-2006, 01:44 PM
i had a 95 325 but swapped it about 2 days ago for a 97 m3 with mirror tints (factory) i must say i like the mirror tints much better, plus they seem to change according to the intensity of light

:thumbup:

ceramicmaster
03-22-2006, 01:54 PM
First off, i would like to introduce myself and say hello to the community. Im a 22y/o coming straight out of the vwvortex community. Hopefully i can be welcomed here as well. But as the title says, i need help wit some tint opinions.
Today i just purchased a 97 silver M3 with some nice vaders. Do you think it would accent the car more with some mirror tint and opposed to the contrast from 5% black tint all around? Im sorry, ive ran a few searches and i couldnt find pictures of silver with mirror tint or with any debate over which anyone prefers.:dunno:
Pictures would be great, but expressed opinions is really what im after.

p.s. if i made any errors in etiquette, kindly let me know. im not a real big fan of instant ridicule commonly found on my old...eclipse2g forum. B.A.R.F and vwvortex have some great people and im hoping so do you! Thanks

Welcome to the fest. Ixnay on the mirror tint. :)

LDV330i
03-22-2006, 07:16 PM
i had a 95 325 but swapped it about 2 days ago for a 97 m3 with mirror tints (factory) i must say i like the mirror tints much better, plus they seem to change according to the intensity of light

:thumbup::confused: :dunno:

BMW has never offered tinted windows in their sedans, much less mirrored tint.

AC Schnitzer
03-23-2006, 05:13 PM
just go with black.

demon-duc666
03-23-2006, 07:29 PM
I ended up going black 20% all around and i must say i love it. (btw i have an arctic silver sport coupe with dove grey interior). Got it done for 150 with lifetime warranty. The black has awesome contrast against the silver and it also compliments the black mouldings. The silver was more of an experiment, but my suggestion to those who have a silver car....go black. People arent conforming, it just looks better.

Ill be sure to post my first set of pics as i figure out how. thanks for the responses guys!