PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Pro Kit or H&R Sport springs???

vin727
03-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Hello there,

I'm thinking about upgrading my springs and am currently rolling on stock springs with Bilstein Sports. My streets are not sooo smooth so I'm not sure if I should go with Eibach's or H&R's for street use? Can anyone provide me with their opinion or advice? Thanks in advance.

Pinecone
03-19-2006, 02:26 AM
Both are lower and stiffer. Both are quality products.

vin727
03-20-2006, 12:43 PM
why is H&R much more popular than Eibachs? I've actually decided on Eibachs but I hate to go against the grain and find out H&Rs wouldn't been a better choice.

Pinecone
03-20-2006, 02:46 PM
Probably because of availability. More of the BMW shops carry H&R (Turner, etc)

lesl2
03-25-2006, 10:05 PM
I purchased a set of Bilstein Sports. While I was deciding on a set of springs, I changed out the rear shocks. The ride was pretty stiff. I decided to go with the BavAutosport springs. After replacing the front struts with the springs, the fronts felt really good, but still stiff in the back. After replacing the springs in the back, it softened up the ride. Now, the ride is lower, firm and not at all harsh.

Pinecone
03-26-2006, 03:14 AM
Guess what, youjust lerned why so many of us recommend that shocks and springs be changed TOGETHER and that they be MATCHED. :)

Have fun.

lesl2
03-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Pinecone, you're right about that. It was just just unexpected that a lowering spring would be less stiff than stock. Do the Eibach or H&Rs do the same?

Pinecone
03-27-2006, 02:14 AM
The overall package will be stiffer than stock. But I never put on only one.part of the pacakge.

lesl2
03-27-2006, 11:24 AM
It was only the rear shocks that was put on early because they're so easy to do. I was curious how stiff the Bilsteins were compared to stock. The rest of the parts were all done in the same day. I just took a test drive between replacing the front struts/springs and the rear springs.

My point was to say that a lot of people run with Bilstein Sports with stock springs. I think that without the BavAuto springs, the ride would be too stiff for me.

Pinecone
03-28-2006, 05:13 AM
You shouldn't run Bilstein sport with stock springs. The Sports are deisgned for shorter springs, yo ushould run HDs with stock springs.

Only other thing isthe Bav Atuo springs are softer than stock, but lower na dsofter tends to not be a great deal, more chance of bottoming the suspension.