PDA

View Full Version : Convert top problem and Trunk problems

Thomas2006
03-13-2006, 02:51 PM
2 weeks ago I tried to open my convertible top and I had major problems. My problem is different from the other guy's problems in that my top will not activate at all. 2 hours later after I got my tire changed out the top worked perfectly all weekend. Now it has gone back to not working. It may be a fuse poblem or something worse....:cry:
Now....as for my trunk..I had an idiot ride with me to North Carolina this past weekend. He slammed my trunk down and now it wont latch anymore. He says that it was already messed up but he knows damn well that he did it looking at the way his car looks. :mad: Now....people...what do you think is wrong with the latch and normally how much is this type of repair? Should I go to the dealer? :mad:

crash8168
03-18-2006, 06:28 AM
2 weeks ago I tried to open my convertible top and I had major problems. My problem is different from the other guy's problems in that my top will not activate at all. 2 hours later after I got my tire changed out the top worked perfectly all weekend. Now it has gone back to not working. It may be a fuse poblem or something worse....:cry:
Now....as for my trunk..I had an idiot ride with me to North Carolina this past weekend. He slammed my trunk down and now it wont latch anymore. He says that it was already messed up but he knows damn well that he did it looking at the way his car looks. :mad: Now....people...what do you think is wrong with the latch and normally how much is this type of repair? Should I go to the dealer? :mad:
trunk wont latch, top doesnt work..... the trunk is not allowed to be unlatched while the top moves because of interference between the two.

Hattori Hanzo
03-22-2006, 05:32 PM
I have same problem. I started my 330Cic and found trunk open. The latch will not hold. Started car, turned off car still no go. Top will not go up with the trunk problem. I also found that the beep on my alarm would not sound. Arming or disarming. I think I have a electical problem...maybe with the Genral Module. I had the module replaced earlier last year. Anyway, I drove to work with the trunk unlatched, and started stopped the car 2 times, then the trunk started working. :mad: I am going to take her in if it keeps happening. BMW manager said its hard to fix electical problems unless they can duplicate it at their shop.

Thomas2006
03-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Okay good people....I got the trunk latch welded and bent back into place for the cost of labor only! My trunk now closes perfectly and now the top opens and closes without fail.
Thanks for the advice. :bigpimp: :rofl: :p :) :D