PDA

View Full Version : COLD START Rattle

///MLover
03-14-2006, 08:40 PM
I have been looking around now. All I see is just winshield and dash rattles. But I dont see anyone having the problem that I have. I have rattles on cold start ONLY. Nothing else. I dunno why but thats just the way it is. DOEs anyone have this problem?:cry:

kd2789mo
03-14-2006, 11:43 PM
I have been looking around now. All I see is just winshield and dash rattles. But I dont see anyone having the problem that I have. I have rattles on cold start ONLY. Nothing else. I dunno why but thats just the way it is. DOEs anyone have this problem?:cry:
My 04 used to have a fairly rough idle, for about the first 60 seconds on a cold start.
It would be in the morning when it dropped to under 50 in the garage, and I did hear some front area, dash/windshield rattles.
The last software update, done when it was in for an oil change, cured it. This past winter, it starts/runs as smooth cold as at operating temperature.
The shifts for the first mile or so, still aren't as smooth as at operating temperature, but the rough idle is gone.

///MLover
03-15-2006, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the reply. Anybody with a 750? Or am i just the lucky one with this?

///MLover
03-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Anyone?

simonbos30
03-18-2006, 10:02 AM
It sounds like you have a bad exhaust manifold. At cold starts it rattles and it will go away or less noisy as the car worm up. I think that might be the problem. Do you remember hitting a very bad pothole or perhaps driving over something that may have hit the manifold hard?

///MLover
03-18-2006, 10:25 AM
No i dont recall nothing. this satarted around 3 K ish miles. Like when we got back from Vegas with it. The next morning i went to go out and the shake was the worst. MY head was wobbling. Oh and I talked to my service advisor. I am going to go pickup all service invoices to go to for the law thing...

BMWNA
03-24-2006, 08:30 AM
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.