PDA

View Full Version : header question

saint166
03-15-2006, 08:06 AM
i have installed headrers on my 97 m3 and it doing so u have no way of hooking up the air pump which now sets off the check engine light . has anyone had any experiance with this and if so what did u do . i have an obd2 coade reader and the codes are for the secondary air pump it really doesnt affect anything cept its a pain reseting the check engine light every few days . ty in advance for any help in this matter

JordanMGregory
03-15-2006, 08:40 AM
i have installed headrers on my 97 m3 and it doing so u have no way of hooking up the air pump which now sets off the check engine light . has anyone had any experiance with this and if so what did u do . i have an obd2 coade reader and the codes are for the secondary air pump it really doesnt affect anything cept its a pain reseting the check engine light every few days . ty in advance for any help in this matter

I bought OBDII headers which had placement for the air pump/valve on them. If you don't have this on your headers, unfortunatly you are out of luck and cannot connect the secondary air pump. Most likely you will need to have the pump connected to pass emissions, but other than that the thing is worthless.

saint166
03-15-2006, 08:54 AM
lol i live in canada so i have no emisions to pass . so what im wondering now is can i jump the wires to fool the computer into thinking its working . its the check engine lite thats driving me nuts lol

thilton59
03-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Could convert the car to OBD I, kind of an expensive fix though...
(Or just beat it until it complies with you)

SoloII///M
03-16-2006, 04:54 AM
lol i live in canada so i have no emisions to pass . so what im wondering now is can i jump the wires to fool the computer into thinking its working . its the check engine lite thats driving me nuts lol

I believe someone sells a simulator that will allow you to eliminate the CEL.

A better solution would be to remove the headers and spend the money on something that will increase performance.

kuras
07-27-2007, 11:56 AM
in Poland you can buy something like this (simulator) http://motoallegro.pl/item218870046_emulator_sondy_0_1v_malopolska.html http://motoallegro.pl/item217768242_emulator_sondy_lambda_0_5v_malopolsk a.html 46 z***322; = about 16$