PDA

View Full Version : SAFC APEXI question...

xalapos
03-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Heloo everyone! I am new to this forum, and i hope to be welcomed..... I own a '96 m3 for the past year and i was wondering if i can install an SAFC II from apexi, to it.
I have been reading most of these threads and i also did a search, but nothing on the SAFC.
Does it comply with the s52 motor?BMW's? worth it?

Bruce
03-16-2006, 02:48 AM
what is it?

SoloII///M
03-16-2006, 04:52 AM
what is it?

It's a electronic device that intercepts the air flow sensor signal and modifies it to make the mixture more or less rich at specific RPMs. It's a very hack way of tuning.

I've never heard of anyone installing one on a BMW.

BeRzErKaS
03-17-2006, 06:40 PM
I have an SAFCII installed on my 325. It works as advertised.

I installed the supercharger but retained the OEM software which caused me to run lean above 5500RPM. At full boost the stock 17# injectors simply weren't sufficient.

I upgraded to 24# injectors and retuned the car myself using the SAFCII. Now my A/F holds perfect and steady straight to redline.

It's pretty sweet.

xalapos
03-21-2006, 06:40 AM
Thanks everyone and sorry for the delay on replying......
so it looks like I(we) can use it? A friend of mine told me that it basically does what the aftermarket software does, but you have the apportunity to customize it a little bit, and you don't have to reinstall software everytime you have a check engine light......like i do.....