PDA

View Full Version : Good windshield crack repairer in Orange County

Matthew330Ci
03-24-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm due to turn in my lease soon and I was told in the pre-inspection that I'd be charged $300 for the windshielf since there's a pretty small chip in it. I'm going to try repairing it, anyone know any good guys in or near Orange County?

maybe a different topic altogether but in my past experience, there's still a small visible dent where the repair took place, i wonder if that would still count against me if it's visible.

if they end up charging me, i might take a baseball bat and smash up the windshield for fun, since the $300 charge is to replace the windshield.

[edit: it's not really a crack, more like a small chip] i'll take a pic and post it later.

markseven
04-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Hey Matthew,

While I watched, a Safelite glass tech fixed a rock chip that was a twenty five cent piece in diameter. He did an incredible job in just 20 minutes (they came to my place of work) :thumbup:

http://www.safelite.com/

Mark

Matthew330Ci
04-11-2006, 11:22 PM
hey cool, thanks, looks expensive though.. how much was it? i wonder if mercury will waive the deductible, but if it's something like $50, i'll just pay it myself.

markseven
04-19-2006, 03:32 PM
hey cool, thanks, looks expensive though.. how much was it? i wonder if mercury will waive the deductible, but if it's something like $50, i'll just pay it myself.

Dude, I completely forgot about this thread... sorry!

As a matter of fact, SafeLite just fixed the windshield on my wifes car. 10 minutes, excellent job, $65.

It was $50 just two years ago :confused:

I think you'll be happy.

Matthew330Ci
04-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Dude, I completely forgot about this thread... sorry!

As a matter of fact, SafeLite just fixed the windshield on my wifes car. 10 minutes, excellent job, $65.

It was $50 just two years ago :confused:

I think you'll be happy.

oh, no problemo.

i just scheduled an appointment with them tomorrow morning. quote is $60 + tax. should come out to $65 you just paid. thanks for the tip!

markseven
04-19-2006, 10:37 PM
oh, no problemo.

i just scheduled an appointment with them tomorrow morning. quote is $60 + tax. should come out to $65 you just paid. thanks for the tip!

Cool mang, you should post before and after pics :thumbup: