PDA

View Full Version : Z8 at dealership

jw
12-21-2001, 02:09 PM
A friend saw a Z8 at the dealership today (BMW of Arlington). Said it was ~140k. Is that the going rate for these things?

There was one at BMW of Fairfax on the showroom floor when I placed my order. Never bothered to check out the sticker.

I've only seen one on the roads here in DC. On 66 inside the beltway in bumper to bumper traffic. What a shame to be sitting in traffic with power like that!

Alex Baumann
12-21-2001, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by jw330i
What a shame to be sitting in traffic with power like that!

LOL ! Very well said! I say the same thing everytime I see a Ferrari or a Lamborghini in heavy traffic.

Alex

The HACK
12-21-2001, 07:49 PM
As well as 3 E46 M3s, 2 in Ti. Silver and one in Steel Gray. I was tempted, but when I saw the "$10,000 dealer markup" my phallus went limp.

JST
12-21-2001, 08:08 PM
BMW of Arlington's markup is above market. IIRC, the Z8 at BMW of Fairfax was only 10K over sticker, and I think *that* is high for the Z8 these days. Lots of stories of speculators unloading lightly used Z8s for under MSRP these days; I'd think right around MSRP is probably doable (though that's still 125K).

M3 prices are finally down to MSRP in most areas now; by the end of the 02/start of 03 model year, I bet you'll see discounts below MSRP, especially if a) BMW has increased production threefold, as promised, and b) the economy keeps sucking so bad.