PDA

View Full Version : New cupholder...GROUP BUY


Cruzer
10-21-2002, 09:29 PM
Hey guys, I know it's slow around here, but I also know there are lurkers that might be interested. I am getting together a group buy for this new cupholder:

http://www.tecaccessories.com/Art/E39_cupholder.jpg

The company's website is: www.tecaccessories.com (http://www.tecaccessories.com)

I believe we can get attractive pricing if we can get a decent sized group of people. In my opinion, this is the cupholder the e39 deserves...engineered to work well, but then disappear when not needed.

E-mail me if you are interested in a GROUP BUY:

phantom_fury@hotmail.com

spmilden
10-21-2002, 11:42 PM
Would like to get in on a group buy if it looks like it's going to happen. Please let me know. spmilden@yahoo.com

Cruzer
10-22-2002, 10:59 AM
This "group buy" will be processed directly by the seller (I will not be a middleman). All I need to do is give him a list of buyers that will be covered.

BTW, the d*ckwads over at .org deleted my group buy post. We already have a decent size group, but the more the merrier (and the better the discount). Please pass the word along.

beewang
10-22-2002, 11:13 AM
Well... if you can get them to come down from their wet dream price of $80~90 bucks, then I am all for it. Sign me up for 2 if you can get them to sell it for $25, otherwise I will stick w/ BMW OEM door mount cup holder. http://www.bevcor.com/mug/BimmerFest2002/images/Bimmerfest%202002%20021.jpg

cheers,

beewang:bigpimp:

Cruzer
10-22-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by beewang
Sign me up for 2 if you can get them to sell it for $25, otherwise I will stick w/ BMW OEM door mount cup holder.
cheers,

beewang:bigpimp:


Those OEM cupholders are soooooooo attractive, and functional too! :rolleyes: Just kidding. ;)

Anyway, my wife and I usually share one large drink when we're in the car. If I have to buy two of the OEM holders, I'm looking at $60-70 expense. The group buy will be close enough to justify buying one single, well designed, and unobtrusive cupholder, rather than multiple cupholders. I think it's worth it (at the group buy rate)...YMMV. E-mail me if you are interested.

Cruzer
10-24-2002, 07:22 PM
Works great. Very sturdy and hides away nicely. The hardest part is getting that plastic compartment to come out by tugging on it.

For those who wonder about shifting...you will notice that the little compartment is to the right of the shifter (the handbrake is low and left). The cupholder does not interfere with shifting (unless you have very long arms and hold your arm straight out when shifting). I took a short ride and it was no problem. Anyway, my first impression is that the cupholder is a great addition to the interior...moreso because it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. I highly recommend it. :thumbup:

spmilden
10-24-2002, 07:34 PM
So what did it end up costing you?

Cruzer
10-24-2002, 08:44 PM
Anyone interested in pricing should e-mail me...we are getting special pricing that I am not comfortable stating here.

mineallmine
10-25-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Cruzer
Anyone interested in pricing should e-mail me...we are getting special pricing that I am not comfortable stating here.

Why not? I will be interested for the right price.

Cruzer
11-02-2002, 08:43 AM
I'm closing out the group buy. Please contact me ASAP if you want to participate, and I have not contacted you. Thank you.

phantom_fury@hotmail.com

johnlew
11-02-2002, 02:29 PM
This looks great! The installation looks totally effortless and the holder looks sturdy. Same location as my E320 was.

spmilden
11-02-2002, 05:54 PM
What size wheels did you go with front and rear and tire sizes as well?

Thanks!

johnlew
11-02-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by spmilden
What size wheels did you go with front and rear and tire sizes as well?

Thanks!

Car had Michelin Pilots 235/45/17 on all four. Bought the Mille Miglia MM11-2, 17x8.5, in silver. $600. Tirerack.com has them. We're very pleased. I'll be ordering these wheels with Blizzak LM-22 snows very soon. $1300 for the set from Tirerack.

Thanks for the compliment, and I hope you were talking to me. Otherwise, I'd look pretty silly now.

spmilden
11-03-2002, 05:13 AM
Thanks for the info. It looks from the pics that the offset is slightly more than the stock wheels. Is that true? I have the same BMW wheels on my car that you had on your wagon and would like to move them out a bit.

Patrick
11-30-2002, 08:42 AM
Do you have a prt number for the door mounted cup holder? That is exactly what I am looking for!

Patrick

Originally posted by beewang
http://www.bevcor.com/mug/BimmerFest2002/images/Bimmerfest%202002%20021.jpg

johnlew
11-30-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by spmilden
Thanks for the info. It looks from the pics that the offset is slightly more than the stock wheels. Is that true? I have the same BMW wheels on my car that you had on your wagon and would like to move them out a bit.

I'm sorry, I didn't see your post. I don't think the offset is different. Just the style of the wheel gives a more deep dish, beefier look. I really like them.

FalconGuy
11-30-2002, 12:44 PM
bavarian motor sports has the door mounted cupholder, I forget the price though

Patrick
11-30-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy
bavarian motor sports has the door mounted cupholder, I forget the price though

I will check their web site - I need a PN to order it from my dealer here in Finland. Thanks.

Patrick

Patrick
11-30-2002, 12:51 PM
Ok, does anyone have their web address? My search revealed only a company that sells European cars ... :confused:

Patrick

johnlew
11-30-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Patrick 520iAT
Ok, does anyone have their web address? My search revealed only a company that sells European cars ... :confused:

Patrick

The part number for the universal cupholder for the door, in the BMW accessories magazine, is 82 11 0 027 936 for $34.50 US. Personally, I think the one at the top of this thread is the best, about $90.

Patrick
11-30-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by johnlew
The part number for the universal cupholder for the door, in the BMW accessories magazine, is 82 11 0 027 936 for $34.50 US. Personally, I think the one at the top of this thread is the best, about $90.

I like the way that it looks (and hides away in the tray) but I was actually thinking of the door holders for rear passengers. That would be very handy for putting a bottle of milk ... for my son.

I will but the tec acccessories holder for myself and a friend; with or without a group buy discount!

Thanks for the PN, John!

Patrick

johnlew
11-30-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Patrick 520iAT
I like the way that it looks (and hides away in the tray) but I was actually thinking of the door holders for rear passengers. That would be very handy for putting a bottle of milk ... for my son.

I will but the tec acccessories holder for myself and a friend; with or without a group buy discount!

Thanks for the PN, John!

Patrick

The group buy thing seems to have fallen apart. I never heard from him again. The door holders are fine for the rear, as long as the beverages are covered. Swinging doors lead to spillage.

FalconGuy
11-30-2002, 07:14 PM
(Click for a larger image)
Mounts securely on the door pocket. Comes with adaptor rings to accept a range of containers, from mugs with handles, to soda cans to plastic bottle to big gulps.


Part Number Description Price
82 11 0 027 936 BMW cupholder - door-pocket mount - Original BMW
$34.95



hope this helps, sorry about the confusion the name is Bavarian Autosports......

Here is the link

http://bavarianautosport.com/shop.asp

Regards,

Paul

Patrick
11-30-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by johnlew
The group buy thing seems to have fallen apart. I never heard from him again. The door holders are fine for the rear, as long as the beverages are covered. Swinging doors lead to spillage.

Correction: children this age (19 months) with anything in their tiny hands can lead to spillage! :D

Patrick

Patrick
11-30-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy
hope this helps, sorry about the confusion the name is Bavarian Autosports......

Here is the link

http://bavarianautosport.com/shop.asp

Regards,

Paul

Excellent! Thanks for the link. :thumbup:

Patrick