PDA

View Full Version : Thunderhill June 19, 2006

freescopesdad
05-05-2006, 07:21 AM
The Sacramento Area Miata Owners are sponsoring Got Guts At Thunderhill, an open track day to be held on Monday, June 19, 2006. THIS IS NOT A COMMERCIAL VENTURE. All proceeds of this track day are being donated to charity, the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America (www.ccfa.org). All makes and models of cars are welcome.

For $210 you get more than 2 hours of track time (in one of 3 run groups), free instruction for novice drivers on request, catered lunch and liquids all day, and you can also participate in a huge raffle during the lunch break.

For complete event info and registration materials visit www.gotgutsatthunderhill.com, or email me directly. We are 1/2 full as of today and hope to fill up before the end of May, when the price goes up to $225. So don't delay if this is of interest to you.

Ron Petrich
www.gotgutsatthunderhill.com

freescopesdad
05-19-2006, 06:20 AM
Just a month away from this track day. We have 43 paid with another 5-6 in the mail...more than $7000 in raffle prizes have been collected. This promises to be a fun event and a successful fundraiser. Thanks to all for helping to make Got Guts At Thunderhill a success. We still have some space in A and B groups for experienced/intermediate drivers, so get your applications in. Hope to see you there.

Ron

freescopesdad
05-29-2006, 09:57 AM
I have 55 paid drivers as of today. The novice group is full, there are 4 spots left in B group and about 10 in A. Because of the great turnout so far, and because I know some folks may be a little short (of money that is :) ) we are keeping the price at $210 all the way to trackday. We have 5 BMWs inn the fold already but we could always use a few more.

We are also looking for at least 2 more volunteer instructors. You don't need to be a race driver, just experienced and confident in your track knowledge and abilities, and willing to help. In exchange, I'll buy you $20 in raffle tickets and an extra lunch if you have a significant/spouse/friend/family with you. You would only need to devote one hour to this instruction (the 3 morning sessions). Or, if you plan to come up just to watch, and you have the skills, I'll make it worth your while if you help out.

This promises to be a great event and a successful fundraiser for CCFA. We have garnered about $7,000 in great raffle prizes - everything goes at lunch time. Winners do not need to be present to win (all I need is your name and phone number).

Looking forward to seeing you all at Thunderhill.

Ron