PDA

View Full Version : RS4 or M5.....

BostonDMD
06-01-2006, 06:48 PM
I have been going back and forth trying to decide.

What do you guys love the most about your M5?

TIA

BostonDMD
06-02-2006, 07:13 PM
to pick an M5.
At least in the Audi forum everyone agreed on how ugly and oriental the M5 looks....

Commencer
06-02-2006, 07:42 PM

TIA

Have you considered waiting for the RS6? I personally think it is a better choice.:thumbup:
http://www.rs6.pl/audi-rs6.jpg

BostonDMD
06-02-2006, 07:49 PM
:dunno: even if it is 3 years away....

760Lifan
06-03-2006, 06:21 AM

TIA

I LIKE MOST THAT IT'S A BMW! Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that you're asking. Who on earth would pick an RS4 over an M5 if the BMW would be in his financial reach?? It's like asking "I can decide between a pound of silver and a pound of gold. What should I take?".:dunno:

Quality is superior, comfortable seats, latest technology (Bluetooth and yes, idrive!), handling, power is endless, M5 is a head-turner (RS4 isn't, that's for sure..).:p

Well, the RS4 should be considered the competitor to the M3, the RS6 the competitor to the M5, so comparing those two cars wouldn't be fair (M5 wins easily, more power, more interior space, better equipped than RS4).

In THIS comparison, the M5 is def. the way to go. Compared to the RS6, it MIGHT be a different story but as posted before, RS6 isn't available yet so I can't comment about that car yet (well, the current A6 has a very strange looking dashboard??)...:eeps:

gbelton
06-03-2006, 06:44 AM
First, the RS4 competes with the M3. You can compare it to the M5 al lyou want but it's pointless being of two different classes. A true comparision would be the coming RS6...

Second, you need to go drive the RS4 then the M5 and you'll know then it was a mistake to ask the question, "Which one should I choose?" Of course considering all factors I beleive the results would be the same.

Third, come back and share with us your findings. I can't wait to hear.

ktc
06-03-2006, 10:24 AM
:dunno: even if it is 3 years away....

I saw a RS6 the other day on Storrow Drive eastbound and then we were both on I-93 north.
He smiled when I gave him a big :thumbup:

760Lifan
06-03-2006, 11:07 AM
I saw a RS6 the other day on Storrow Drive eastbound and then we were both on I-93 north.
He smiled when I gave him a big :thumbup:
So is it out already?

BostonDMD
06-03-2006, 11:38 AM
You saw an 03 SR6, the new one is coming out in 2009.
Nice car, but nothing like the one they are planning.....

760Lifan
06-03-2006, 11:56 AM
You saw an 03 SR6, the new one is coming out in 2009.
Nice car, but nothing like the one they are planning.....
That's what I thought...

wolverine
06-03-2006, 05:37 PM
A friend of mine has an 03 RS6, and I've driven it. Great car, but nothing like the M5. I actually got behind an RS6 on an onramp a couple months ago. He nailed it when we hit the highway, and I went by him like he was standing still. I slowed down to let him catch up, nailed it again and just left him. We repeated a couple more times with the same outcomes, then he exited with a thumbs up - nice guy. I was really surprised by how much faster the M5 was at hwy speeds.

I've driven Audi's for 15 years, and they are fantastic cars. I sat in the new RS4 two weeks ago, and it looks very nice. It really doesn't compete with the M5 though, more of an M3 competitor. I saw the RS4 at the dealer's 'Team Audi' event - complete with Audi racecars and drivers. I drove my M5 there, and when I got in, the M5 was getting more interest than the RS4!!!:rofl: