PDA

View Full Version : The addiction has begun

ludespeedny
06-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Last 3 days I have done my first claybar ever, and first zaino. I must say I am impressed. Now I plan on washing at least once a week. Here a some pics, let me know what you think.

Rsavory
06-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Very nice! :thumbup:

ludespeedny
06-17-2006, 11:40 AM
p.s. please excuse the trash can in my 2nd pic.

marc545i
06-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Nice job! :thumbup: Your car looks great! It's been too hot down here to do a good wash and wax. But when I do, I'll definitely need to break out the clay.

ludespeedny
06-17-2006, 05:14 PM
the claying was actually fun, I enjoyed watching those spots disappear.
and It was like 73 here with low humidity (NY) and I was working on it in the shade, I couldn't believe how fast the zaino dried. It was almost ready by the time I finished the panel.

ludespeedny
06-17-2006, 05:15 PM
I have a lot more pics, plus a bunch from a photo shoot Idid @ various scenic places (not professional by any means, but still nice) If you wanna see them let me know

stream
06-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Beautiful. :thumbup:

I've been claying my cars for years--great stuff.

obmd1
06-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Beautiful. :thumbup:

I've been claying my cars for years--great stuff.
This is tomorrow's plan... but I thought there was a sticky in the detailing forum for step-by-step? I can't find it. My basic stoopid question is how many washing steps are there?

I plan on claying, then AIO, then Glasse, for as many coats as the sun allows, followed by meg's wax of some kind I bought last year. wash first but between steps too? I sure hope not....

ludespeedny
06-17-2006, 07:58 PM
well, I washed first, then clayed and as lubricant used car wash, then washed again

marc545i
06-18-2006, 12:18 AM
I think you're supposed to wash before you clay.

Boxboss
06-18-2006, 08:14 AM
This is tomorrow's plan... but I thought there was a sticky in the detailing forum for step-by-step? I can't find it. My basic stoopid question is how many washing steps are there?

I plan on claying, then AIO, then Glasse, for as many coats as the sun allows, followed by meg's wax of some kind I bought last year. wash first but between steps too? I sure hope not....Wash first (Dawn seems to be what most use) and leave wet, clay, then wash again and dry followed by finish of your choice. I used AIO then Zaino. BTW don't use Dawn except as a pre-clay wash.

ludespeedny
06-18-2006, 11:19 AM
why didn't I think of that? I washed it then dried it then clayed, it makes more sense to just not dry after the first wash.

///M3lissa
06-18-2006, 11:21 AM
why didn't I think of that? I washed it then dried it then clayed, it makes more sense to just not dry after the first wash.

If you live where there is hard water you are going to want to dry after the first wash. If you don't you end up with a bunch of hard water spots that you have to try and clay out....just more work and sometimes they are not easy to get out :(

PropellerHead
06-18-2006, 12:22 PM
You know, you COULD wait until July 4 weekend if you wanted some help. :D

ludespeedny
06-18-2006, 12:36 PM
yeah, where I live we have pretty hard water. I use the leafblower trick with a big blue waffle weave, and I can dry it in pretty much no time