PDA

View Full Version : Zaino vs. Wax

derGolfspieler
06-18-2006, 02:09 PM
So far on my E90, I've been using Zaino Z2 and Z5. I've applied Spring and Fall. Usually I've done Z2>Z5>Z5>Z2 with ZFX hardener and Z6 in between.

Should I also be using wax? I thought that Zaino replaced wax.

The reason I ask is that my hood has like 50 rock chips. Am I suffering from a lack of wax? Or am I just seeing more flying rocks on my commute than I have in the past.

I recently moved to Charlotte, and I could definitely imagine that the commute is rougher on the paint.

Water beads nicely, and the paint looks amazing, but the hood is really piling up chips.

Thanks for any replies!

Cliff
06-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Or am I just seeing more flying rocks on my commute than I have in the past.

Bingo. My next car will have a clear bra installed before it leaves the dealer.

JonathanIT
06-19-2006, 01:48 AM
I really don't think excessive rock chips have anything to do with either wax or Zaino. Neither one will prevent a rock from chipping your paint.

--J.

BmW745On19's
06-19-2006, 06:25 AM
I really don't think excessive rock chips have anything to do with either wax or Zaino. Neither one will prevent a rock from chipping your paint.

--J.

I concur. Thats kind of like saying (hah, I was going to use another simile but it wasn't appropriate :D) a piece of wood furniture shouldnt have been smashed when it got run over by a bull dozer because you put furniture polish on it.

picus
06-19-2006, 06:34 AM
Water beads nicely, and the paint looks amazing, but the hood is really piling up chips.

Thanks for any replies!

If you're really concerned about it have it re-sprayed and get a clear bra. Waxes and sealants do nothing to prevent stone chips. If you like the way Zaino looks and is protecting then keep using it, those are it's too primary functions; protection from the elements (UV, acid rain, bird droppings, etc) and aesthetics.