PDA

View Full Version : Scratch Repair Help - San Diego

ASenna
06-21-2006, 05:22 PM
2-week old Silver-Gray 330ci ZHP just got hit with an object on I-8 near Qualcomm today, which left behind two, parallel approx. 1" scratches on the front hood. :mad:

Any recommnedation(s) for a quality shop in San Diego for this type repair? Unfortunately, the scratches are below the clear coat and the base paint.

I have no idea what hit the car, but it was sickening to see the scratches when I got home.:cry:

Help is appreciated.

dboy11
06-22-2006, 08:56 AM
2-week old Silver-Gray 330ci ZHP just got hit with an object on I-8 near Qualcomm today, which left behind two, parallel approx. 1" scratches on the front hood. :mad:

Any recommnedation(s) for a quality shop in San Diego for this type repair? Unfortunately, the scratches are below the clear coat and the base paint.

I have no idea what hit the car, but it was sickening to see the scratches when I got home.:cry:

Help is appreciated.

That's a real drag....call your local dealership or higher end used car lot....most all of them have mobilie person that works on there trade-ins for them....If you are to the base paint you are going to need some pro to help...this will also depend on the color of the car againt its a drag and I can feel your pain

Gh0sT
06-22-2006, 10:56 AM
BMW of San Diego. There is a shop literally about 3 blocks down from the shop itself. I don't remember the address but try giving BMW Parts a call, they would know where it is.

Sorry for not posting fast enough, but just call the parts department and ask for a recommended body shop.

Ill give them a call myself, but from what I know is that they do an excellent job, and BMW of San Diego sends their body repairs there.

ASenna
06-22-2006, 01:50 PM
I spoke with my dealer at Harloff late yesterday and I plan to bring it to their shop next week for an estimate. I might be in the KM area tomorrow and so I can stop by BMW of SD to see what they recommend. The car is silver-gray metallic. Thanks for the replies. Whatever hit the car sounded like a tennis ball hitting the windshied and not a rock. In reality, it looks like the object glanced off the hood and then hit the right-side wiper. I almost thought someone dropped something off the low bridge near Qualcomm because I saw it hit the wiper out of the corner of my eye , but did not see anything fly off a car or the road.

:mad: