PDA

View Full Version : Detailing and Yard Work Relationship

Desertnate
06-24-2006, 07:51 AM
While baking my brains in the sun and sufferinf dehydration yesterday detailing my car I thought back to a couple of the posts here lately about people and their love of detailing. I also recall discussions in the past regarding doing your own lawn work versus hiring it out. I thought it might be interesting to see if there is any relationship between the two.

Personally, I am hands on with my car and very hands on with my yard. Yard work is a family affair with us that me, my wife and both girls get involved with.

I thought I'd make this one public just for the fun of it! :D

Spartacus_33
07-12-2006, 12:41 PM
While baking my brains in the sun and sufferinf dehydration yesterday detailing my car I thought back to a couple of the posts here lately about people and their love of detailing. I also recall discussions in the past regarding doing your own lawn work versus hiring it out. I thought it might be interesting to see if there is any relationship between the two.

Personally, I am hands on with my car and very hands on with my yard. Yard work is a family affair with us that me, my wife and both girls get involved with.

I thought I'd make this one public just for the fun of it! :D
My gf and her son help with the yard work, pulling weeds, planting flowers, raking, etc.... but the Lawn is mine! :thumbup:

...and of course no one is qualified to detail my car except for moi. :rofl: This reminds me of this post (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106861&highlight=closes) (see #17) last line. Too funny...........:rofl:

Elvis530i
07-12-2006, 10:02 PM
This reminds me of this post (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106861&highlight=closes) (see #17) last line. Too funny...........:rofl:

Man, I hate when anyone else closes my truck. Those fingerprints just drive me bananas--I grab the quick detailer the first chance I get. :rofl:

In any case, I'm a DIY guy. I don't trust my detailing OR my yard to anyone else, even my wife.

zentenn
07-13-2006, 04:49 AM
I do both, but I'm getting closer and closer to getting someone to do my yard work.

The only problem I have with it, is that I don't think I'll be pleased with their work. I'm sort of picky about grass growing into the beds and how the edging looks.