PDA

View Full Version : SG.... wtf?

obmd1
06-25-2006, 08:04 PM
So I spent the day rubbing my car with various products...

Wash

claybar... very cool...
AIO...
then SG... and the stuff stuck on like paste...couldn't buff it off. Oh, the humanity!....

Had to go back at it with AIO to get it off. Anyone else have something like this happen?
The only thing I can think of is the hood was warm, having just been in the sun.

Polish followed... Meg's sourveran..
all in time for the rain this week:mad: :mad:

Alvizzo913
06-25-2006, 08:18 PM
What is SG?

obmd1
06-25-2006, 08:20 PM
What is SG?
sorry.... AIO= all in one= cleaner
SG= sealant glasse...

both made by klasse. I had read up on the detailing forum last year, and most spoke highly of these.

2001 540 AZ
06-25-2006, 08:48 PM
obmd1

I've been there, so I feel your paint.

As you found, SG is finiky. Sounds like you may have used too much, along with the hot paint from the car being in the sun. Typically all you need is about 1 -2oz that will cover the entire car. I apply SG by using a small 4 oz spray bottle (from a beauty shop). Spray the section you are working on (I use about 4 pumps for a 2 foot by 2 foot section), then spread it with a damp micorfiber towel (use filtered what so you don't leave water spots). I apply SG to the entire car section by section then come back and wipe off. The trick to SG is the longer it drys the easier it is to buff off.

I've found about three coats of SG brings out the best finish. Anything after that I can tell any difference (that just me). Remember you will need to let the SG cure about 12 hours between applications.

Hope this help

obmd1
06-25-2006, 08:54 PM
obmd1

I've been there, so I feel your paint.

:rofl: Thanks so much for this... a huge help! Do you wash between coats of SG? and now that I have polish over it, does that need to come off first? (another round of AIO?)

black cars S U C K:mad: :D

Bill-SD
06-25-2006, 09:01 PM
I used it for the first time a few weeks ago. I was a little concerned because I have read a lot of stories like yours. It worked great for me! What I did what keep a bucket of water close by and kept dunking my applicator in it. With the wet applicator, I used about a dime sized spot of SG at a time and did at small section of the car at at time. I spread it on using a linear motion and buffed it off before it dried. I put on 3 coats over 3 days. My car probably looks better than it has since I bought it. Anyway, that was my method, you might want to try it and see how it works for you.

2001 540 AZ
06-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Typically, I apply the first coat early in the morning and catch the second coat the next morning, leaving the car in the garage overnight. If I have time over the weekend I'll catch the 3rd coat late in the evening after the second coat. If you drive the car after one of the coats and it is not dirty I would use a quick detailer (sonus, NXT) then apply another coat. Just make sure the detail spray does not have wax.

Black cars are a PITA -- I have one in AZ....go figure

You should not apply polish after you applied AIO.

The process I use is this:

wash -- meguairs gold
polish Menzerna Intensive Polish with PC (porter cable)
wipe down with 50/50 water and alcohol
polish Menzerna Polish II with PC (porter cable)
wipe down with 50/50 water and alcohol
apply AIO with PC (poter cable)
apply SG by hand
wait 12 hours
apply 2nd coat SG by hand
wait 12 hours
apply 3rd coat by hand
I do this twice a year, washing the car every two weeks and a quick detail once a week....again black cars are a PITA.

have fun

JonathanIT
06-25-2006, 10:41 PM
One word: Zaino!

:thumbup:

--J.

300B
06-26-2006, 05:21 AM
Two words:Zaino ovverated

One word:Collinite