PDA

View Full Version : Griot's Garage Detailing Products?

sponge_worthy
06-29-2006, 09:33 AM
Are Griot's Garage car detail product good - does anyone here use them?

BmW745On19's
06-29-2006, 09:44 AM
I use some of their things. They're very high quality, but that quality doesn't come without a price. The only things I use of their's on a regular basis is their Boar's Hair wash brush and their bucket. The rest of my stuff is either Zaino or no name stuff that I find works just great.:thumbup:

elbert
06-29-2006, 10:49 AM
I'm very satisfied with their wheel cleaner (green) and engine cleaner (orange).
I also like the sheepskin wash mitt and boar hair wheel brush, but they are definitely overpriced.

mohrgan
06-29-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm not crazy about Griot's wheel cleaner. I think P21S is better and less harsh on wheels.

However, the rubber cleaner is awesome and I use that on tires now in lieu of any blackening product.

Also, the Speed Shine is a great product as well.

Artslinger
06-29-2006, 01:01 PM
I do.

They make some of the best polish IMO, and I like their quick detail spray and use their wheel cleaner.

elbert
06-29-2006, 04:51 PM
I'm not crazy about Griot's wheel cleaner. I think P21S is better and less harsh on wheels.

Interesting, I feel the exact opposite. P21S ruined the clearcoat on a set of Volk TE37's I once had. Also, iirc (and that's a big if, it's been years since I last used the stuff) I thought it was a bit irritating.

Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about the Griot's wheel cleaner?

mohrgan
06-30-2006, 07:16 AM
Interesting, I feel the exact opposite. P21S ruined the clearcoat on a set of Volk TE37's I once had. Also, iirc (and that's a big if, it's been years since I last used the stuff) I thought it was a bit irritating.

Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about the Griot's wheel cleaner?

I find the Griot's wheel cleaner to not be as effective as the P21S. More scrubbing is needed to get the grime off. Also, when I use the P21S, it doesn't seem to remove the sealer(Klasse) I've got on the wheels. The Griots seems like it strips the sealer off a little faster than the P21S.

Just my .02!

I'm not saying the Griots is a bad product, it's just that I like the P21S better! It's nothing like the bad experience with Armor-all wheel cleaner I had 10 years ago. In that case, I sprayed the wheel cleaner on a windy day and some got on the exterior mirrors and left permanent spots!!! I called the company and got nothing from them. Their wheel cleaner was taken from the market not much longer after that!

stream
06-30-2006, 08:03 AM
Griot's has a very broad line of care care products, and the items I've purchased are high quality, but overpriced, so I only buy specialized detailing products from them that I can't find elsewhere. Their window cleaner wipes, and dust free paper towels are 2 examples.

dboy11
06-30-2006, 08:08 AM
I think that Griots has some good products but they charge pretty well for them....they tend to have a customer base that wants the best or at least thinks they are, and are not totally concerned with the price....I have done alot of research on car products over the last 30 years and there are plenty that are just as good if not better in some cases for a much better price....that's my take on what I see them selling

stream
06-30-2006, 08:08 AM
Are Griot's Garage car detail product good - does anyone here use them?

Just noticed your screen name--love it! Now--are you also a regifter...or anti-dentite...and do you celebrate festivus? :)

Here's an interesting site for Seinfeld fans:
http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/Seinfeld/index.htm