PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Acrylic Jacket

mojo3
07-11-2006, 09:08 PM
I'm planning on giving my jet black E90 a full detail and was wondering if any of you have used Menzerna's Acrylic Jacket. My understanding is that this functions the same as Klasse AIO. Can I apply Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax on top of the Acrylic Jacket? I was told that the Acrylic Jacket will clean, polish, and protect in one step?

dboy11
07-12-2006, 08:25 AM
I'm planning on giving my jet black E90 a full detail and was wondering if any of you have used Menzerna's Acrylic Jacket. My understanding is that this functions the same as Klasse AIO. Can I apply Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax on top of the Acrylic Jacket? I was told that the Acrylic Jacket will clean, polish, and protect in one step?

I've not used this product but looking at their web site and read about it you should have no issues with Pinncale bonding to it....You can top Klasse with it and this is comparable product.

You going to be doing this by hand or machine?

picus
07-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Menzerna AJ is similar to AIO except it has slightly more polishing abilty and slightly better durabilty. Souveran will go over it no problem; waxes do not need to bond, they sit on the surface.

mojo3
07-13-2006, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the replies. I plan on doing it all by hand. Although those that really know what they are doing seem to have the best results with pc's, I've never used one, and am a bit anxious about learning on a jet black car. Normally after AIO, I would put on the sealant glaze. Does the Acrylic Jacket function both at AIO and SG all in one? If not should I put SG on top of the Acrylic Jacket, and then add the Souveran?

picus
07-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Menz AJ is like watered down FPII + watered down FMJ, so it serves the function of both AIO and SG, but to a lesser extent. It will last about 2 months (so about 1/3 what SG would), since it's a one step product. What products do you current have? It sounds like you would be better off going AIO/SG/Souveran.

dboy11
07-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the replies. I plan on doing it all by hand. Although those that really know what they are doing seem to have the best results with pc's, I've never used one, and am a bit anxious about learning on a jet black car. Normally after AIO, I would put on the sealant glaze. Does the Acrylic Jacket function both at AIO and SG all in one? If not should I put SG on top of the Acrylic Jacket, and then add the Souveran?

Mojo

Go straight to the paste wax after AJ

if you really want to learn allot about car care and detailing head for ths site...In post there as Beemerboy

its free to registered and ask and read all you ever wanted to know about detailing

http://www.detailcity.org

mojo3
07-13-2006, 08:45 PM
I have AIO and SG, and have used them with good results on the family tahoe. I just recently read that the Acrylic Jacket was as good as AIO and left a "brigher/crisper" shine with less effort. I'm not so concerned about the effort as my e90 is a hell of a lot less work than the tahoe was, and I'll probably only give it a full detail every 6 months or so. If the Klasse is a more durable product, perhaps I'll stick with it and add the Souveran as a topper.

Thanks for the link to more info on detailing. I'm finding this forum to be very helpful.

dboy11
07-14-2006, 08:56 AM
I have AIO and SG, and have used them with good results on the family tahoe. I just recently read that the Acrylic Jacket was as good as AIO and left a "brigher/crisper" shine with less effort. I'm not so concerned about the effort as my e90 is a hell of a lot less work than the tahoe was, and I'll probably only give it a full detail every 6 months or so. If the Klasse is a more durable product, perhaps I'll stick with it and add the Souveran as a topper.

Thanks for the link to more info on detailing. I'm finding this forum to be very helpful.

Your welcome that site really has some good sound advice.....have a look for the thread that I put up for AJ