PDA

View Full Version : New Car Detail

mfbmw
07-16-2006, 11:56 PM
I am looking for a recomendation for detailing a new car. I have just purchased a new 2006 325i in monaco blue a few weeks ago and I am preparing to detail it for the first time. I have used Zymol concourse on previous cars including a restored 1952 MG TD, but I am looking to use a synthetic sealer on this car as i will be driving it every day and don't want to wax it every 2-3 months.

I have seen discussions about klasse, zaino etc.

I would be interested in opinions on product and what steps are needed on a new car.
e.g. do I need to clay it first, then glaze then seal, or just wash and seal.

should I use klasse all in one, or the high gloss sealant, or both (assuming I use klasse).

I would also be interested in thoughts about using carnuba after a sealer. I have read that this could add a better shine, but would it be detrimental if I wasn't interested in putting carnuba on every 2-3 months.

Thanks !:)

BmW745On19's
07-17-2006, 07:37 AM
I don't have any experience with Klasse, although I have heard it is very good. I'd go with a few layers of Z-FX enabled Z-5 Zaino and then top it off with Z-FX enabled Z-2 Zaino and you will be set for about 6 months of protection.

Zaino Store (http://www.zainostore.com)

dboy11
07-17-2006, 10:05 AM
I am looking for a recomendation for detailing a new car. I have just purchased a new 2006 325i in monaco blue a few weeks ago and I am preparing to detail it for the first time. I have used Zymol concourse on previous cars including a restored 1952 MG TD, but I am looking to use a synthetic sealer on this car as i will be driving it every day and don't want to wax it every 2-3 months.

I have seen discussions about klasse, zaino etc.

I would be interested in opinions on product and what steps are needed on a new car.
e.g. do I need to clay it first, then glaze then seal, or just wash and seal.

should I use klasse all in one, or the high gloss sealant, or both (assuming I use klasse).

I would also be interested in thoughts about using carnuba after a sealer. I have read that this could add a better shine, but would it be detrimental if I wasn't interested in putting carnuba on every 2-3 months.

Thanks !:)

First off I would wash the car then clay to get everything off the surface....then the Klasse AIO would be a decent choice since you are doing this by hand...I'd follow that with the Klasee SG sealant...wait one day and top that with a decent paste wax..P21S is one that I like for this.

I'm north of you in Sonoma County and have over 30 year experience in auto detailing...you can send me a PM if you are interested in having it done for you.

I go over the car 7 times

Wash
Clay
Swirl remove
Polish
Glaze
Seal
Paste wax