PDA

View Full Version : Grrr! (windshield scratch)

BmW745On19's
07-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Okay, so tonight when I was driving home it was raining on and off and I noticed earlier when I washed the car that the right wiper blade was coming apart, like the metal that held the blade together were shifting. So, it got increasingly hard to see the road due to the windshield was fogging up so I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best and wiped the windshield ONE time with the wipers, all it took was that one time to put a 80 degree scratch along the top of the windshield.:mad: When I got home and washed the car for a SECOND time, I scraped my fingernail across it and I could feel it.:(

Is there anything I can do to get this out without causing more damage or will I just have to live with it until someone smacks the windshield with a baseball bat?

Laszlo
07-21-2006, 09:19 PM
That blows. I've done that only once before. I'd rather drive off the road and crash through a house than scratch my windscreen.

BmW745On19's
07-21-2006, 09:25 PM
That blows. I've done that only once before. I'd rather drive off the road and crash through a house than scratch my windscreen.
Nah, car is four years old and it's getting a little bit outdated, but still it pisses me off that I was so stupid, I mean I was half a mile away from my house and I made it 2 miles without using them. I don't know what I was thinking, thats just it, I wasn't.:eeps:

Laszlo
07-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Don't worry. These things happen and people do them even though they know they shouldn't. It's like you see the wiper blade coming off... know you should get the replaced... know not to use them... but figure... oh, just one time won't or might not do anytihng. I do stupid shi$ all the time. Anyway, I would just live with it unless you're insurance has that once every year or two year free windscreen coverage.

Laszlo
07-23-2006, 07:37 PM
There might be something out on the market now that might work as well. Anyway, good luck with it.

BmW745On19's
07-23-2006, 07:47 PM
Well I didnt notice it until I washed it earlier that day and I figured it wouldn't rain. But later when I was coming home I really needed them. Oh well, it's the past.

Johnz3mc
07-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Do a search for 'cerium oxide' or just 'cerium' or something else about damaged windshields and you'll find a few articles mentioning the polishing powder used in the astronomy industry.
If you have 45 minutes and the cerium oxide kit, it'll fix your windshield, scratches and all. I did it with the wife's car and it's been perfect for years.
-John C.