PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning dash and leather?

gb1k
07-26-2006, 10:33 AM
Hey guys/gals I was just curious of what yall are using to clean your dash and leather, and the results that you are getting. I really dont like the super shiny look to either dash or leather so but a very subtle shine on the dash looks good to me. Please let me know you all's recomendations....thanks!

icemanjs4
07-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Hey guys/gals I was just curious of what yall are using to clean your dash and leather, and the results that you are getting. I really dont like the super shiny look to either dash or leather so but a very subtle shine on the dash looks good to me. Please let me know you all's recomendations....thanks!

For general washing, once a week or a few times a month, a mixture of 6 parts water to 1 part woollite works great for cleaning - and leaving the finish perfectly matte.

For deeper cleaning and conditioning, I use the Zaino leather cleaner (to clean) and Leather in a Bottle(conditioner). Both leave the matte finish, and restore that new car smell.

Lots of people use lexol, or leatherique as well for conditioning. Do a search on bimmerfest this topic has been covered a few hundred times.

dboy11
07-26-2006, 01:47 PM
The ratio for Woolite is 1 part Woolite to 10 parts water...its great as a leather cleaner using a soft plastic brush like a finger nail brush....For cleaning stubborn stained door panels and dashes I use a all purpose cleaner mixed 10 / 1 this helps cut stubborn stains...fro protection on leather and dashes I like to use Poorboys World he has two things that are not high shine products

Natural Look for dashes and door panels leave them clean with a mated finish and UV protected

Leather Stuff from his site is also great I use it on all the details that I do

http://www.poorboysworld.com

DRWWE
07-27-2006, 10:37 AM
303 on my dash and all interior vinyl. Looks great and is not shiny.

Leatherique on the leather. It's kind messy to use but the results are great.

:D

gb1k
07-27-2006, 03:44 PM
303?

bscarlett
07-28-2006, 06:12 AM
Aeropace 303 protectant

DRWWE
07-28-2006, 08:41 AM
303?

You can probably find 303 Aerospace Protectant at your local auto parts store, otherwise try www.autogeek.net. I really like it. You can even use it on you tires for a matte finish.

:thumbup:

z4gigharbor
07-28-2006, 12:10 PM
What about the Z4? I'm not sure what the material is but I would like to clean / protect it. Ideas?