PDA

View Full Version : Wax applicator pads

luciano136
07-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Hi,

I've been using meguiar's NXT wax, which works pretty good for me. I used the applicator pad that comes with it but I want to replace it with a new one now.

I went to the store a while ago and found Meguiar's foam wax applicators pads. I didn't use them though as the surface of the pad is way harder than the applicator pad I had.

Is there anything that's softer and better or are foam pads just fine? I don't want to scratch up the paint! Pretty visible on a black car!

Thanks!!

Elvis530i
07-31-2006, 11:18 AM
I don't think you can scratch your clearcoat with a foam pad unless it's dirty.

I put NXT on with a Turtle Wax foam bonnet on my RO buffer, and it works fine.

dboy11
07-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi,

I've been using meguiar's NXT wax, which works pretty good for me. I used the applicator pad that comes with it but I want to replace it with a new one now.

I went to the store a while ago and found Meguiar's foam wax applicators pads. I didn't use them though as the surface of the pad is way harder than the applicator pad I had.

Is there anything that's softer and better or are foam pads just fine? I don't want to scratch up the paint! Pretty visible on a black car!

Thanks!!

The Megs foam pads are OK for your black car they are designed to apply wax...you cold also use a micro fiber one if you like, you can find them here if you are interested

http://www.poorboysworld.com