PDA

View Full Version : timing of waxing?

drsj530
07-31-2006, 09:31 PM
i had my car about close to 2 months now... is there a time frame when to wax a new car? also, how often should someone wax their cars per monthly basis???

and does the clear coating does the job as the wax when car washing?

sidetracking alitte bit, how about conditioning the leather seats? of course when it looks dirty that is the best time, but i am curious how often per monthly basis for car seats?

thanks and appreciate for replies! :thumbup:

Clarke
08-01-2006, 12:42 AM
7 Degrees Before top dead center.;)

dboy11
08-01-2006, 07:32 AM
i had my car about close to 2 months now... is there a time frame when to wax a new car? also, how often should someone wax their cars per monthly basis???

and does the clear coating does the job as the wax when car washing?

sidetracking alitte bit, how about conditioning the leather seats? of course when it looks dirty that is the best time, but i am curious how often per monthly basis for car seats?

thanks and appreciate for replies! :thumbup:

Your car was ready for polsih and wax as it left the dealership....

What products do you have to start or are you starting from scratch?

Leather care is easy......get some Woolite and mix that with water 10/1 water to Woolite......you can use this to clean your seats...Over the counter you can get some Lexol for your leather....or that one that I like is made by Poorboys World, leather stuff....its not quite as greasy as Lexol and can be used on vinyl and hard plastic as well.

I can make all kinds of suggestions to you about paint care but I would suggest that you come read at this site for that it where I post as Beemerboy

http://www.poorboysworld.com

Weaselboy
08-05-2006, 08:52 AM
Zaino makes a nice leather conditioner that smells nice and does not leave a glossy finish.

icemanjs4
08-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Geez,

Just read around this detailing forum. These questions ahve been asked, answered, reasked and reanswered 100,000 times.

Quick Answer: Zaino or Klasse every 6 months.
No go read. There's more info here than you care to know.
Start by searching for Zaino or Klasse and then search for Clay Bar

Then search for leather in a bottle, and woollite, or leatherique