PDA

View Full Version : Zaino convert... this stuff rocks!!!

330ci2B
08-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Been reading about zaino for years, got a new E90 so decided to give it a try. Ordered zfx, z2, and z6. Skipped the clay bar (sounds complicated).

Did the dawn wash
washed with zaino car wash
did the zfx z2 mix
buffed off
z6
then repeated for 3 coats

I put the coats on super thin, when I was done I didnt even think I did anything. Well, washed my car a few days later and the water just falls off and exterior is super smooth to the touch. Never seen anything like this product - I'm sold! :D

I hope if lasts for a couple months or more, I was using NXT and after about 4 weeks it was gone. Awesome stuff, thanks all for sharing about this great product.

xspeedy
08-01-2006, 03:23 PM
I'll stick to AIO since I know for sure it is non-staining.

///M3lissa
08-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Non-Staining? Can you explain?

afshawnt
08-01-2006, 03:51 PM

I'm extremely cautious when I apply it. The E90 makes applying it easier. I knew someone that wanted me to zaino their black trim on their E46. Now its a Natural Brown, Silver gray with white inserts. :tsk:

xspeedy
08-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Non-Staining? Can you explain?

Many wax products will stain black plastic trim. The staining is typically white and can be very difficult if not impossible to remove. Klasse AIO doesn't stain, and it can actually go over any surface on the car including glass and plastic.

///M3lissa
08-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Many wax products will stain black plastic trim. The staining is typically white and can be very difficult if not impossible to remove. Klasse AIO doesn't stain, and it can actually go over any surface on the car including glass and plastic.

Hmmmm...IIRC I've done the same with Zaino and it doesn't stain. My husbands touring had black plastic trim everywhere (Yuck!) and I don't recall any staining issues..but then again, the touring is gone now :eek: Maybe the new owner has an issue :dunno:

I'm glad my car has almost no black trim :)

ThatOneGuy
08-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Skipped the clay-bar...:tsk:

JonathanIT
08-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Many wax products will stain black plastic trim.

Zaino is not a wax product; it contains no wax at all and leaves no stains of any kind.

:dunno:

--J.

JonathanIT
08-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Skipped the clay bar (sounds complicated).

I'm glad you discovered how great Zaino is... I just wish you hadn't skipped the clay. It's not complicated in the least and for some reason scares many away from trying it. The results would have blown you away... and yes, even if your car is new!

--J.

NH-SHICKS
08-03-2006, 04:26 PM
I love zaino and I have tried tons of products.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/Picture_239.jpg

Weaselboy
08-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Not sure why Zaino would be discoloring your black plastic trim. I have just slapped it on right over the trim, and never had any discoloring.

mjames
08-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Gotta love Zaino. Addict here, too.

http://static.flickr.com/42/113179256_564e6cc4a3_b.jpg

330ci2B
08-06-2006, 07:01 PM
washed the car again today, water just falls off the car. Also, it feels awesome.

Can I just use Z6 after washing? What exactly does it do anyway?

mjames
08-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Tell me about it. The water just beads up and falls off the car. :thumbup:

Z6 is just a basic quick detailer. It's overkill to do the whole process every wash, so it's probably a good idea to wash and then do Z6 for a quick polish.

dkent
08-09-2006, 06:10 AM
Use the claybar !!! The claybar is an integral part of the
Zaino polishing "process". There products are non-abrasive,
so you'll need to use the claybar to remove the contaminants
from your clear coat. This allows zaino to form a stonger bond
to the clear coat. Your not getting the full effect by skipping
the claybar. It is time consuming, but well worth the effort.
You can clay a small test area and immediatly feel the difference.
Inspection of the clay bar will show discoloring - normal when lifting
"junk" off the clear coat. Zaino has good tips for preparing a claywash
mixture from a diluted solution of their carwash. Easy !!!!

Enjoy - you have selected the ultimate car finish product !

icemanjs4
08-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Not sure why Zaino would be discoloring your black plastic trim. I have just slapped it on right over the trim, and never had any discoloring.

It was my plastic trim he was referring to. And the first time I did it, it didn't discolor the trim either. In fact, I'm not even convinced that it is the Zaino that stained it. Anyway the trim doesn't look white either - but there are a few spots on it that have a more faded look (still black - but not as vibrant).

Anyway the E90s don't have any black trim anyway - so I don't see why you'd go through the trouble of using Klasse when Zaino works so well. JMHO

icemanjs4
08-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Use the claybar !!! Your not getting the full effect by skipping
the claybar. It is time consuming, but well worth the effort.

It's not even time consuming. It takes MAYBE half an hour to do the whole car, if you're going slowly, and if you do every painted surface on the car, including lower side skirts and under parts of the bumper. Figure each body panel takes about a minute to do, maybe 2.

It's worth it for sure. Why are people afraid of clay barring? Is it because they ahven't heard of it before? If you've spent your whole life using turtle wax or nothing, don't be afraid of the clay.