PDA

View Full Version : Getting wax off the rubber parts

KevinH
08-02-2006, 05:56 AM
Any advice on removing accidental wax swipes on the rubber/plastic strip along the truck line? It's Mother's Gold wax and shows up chalk white on the black strip. Ugly!

dboy11
08-02-2006, 08:22 AM
Any advice on removing accidental wax swipes on the rubber/plastic strip along the truck line? It's Mother's Gold wax and shows up chalk white on the black strip. Ugly!

Two things will work and one I will bet you have...creamy peanut butter and a tooth brush...I know this sounds silly but the oils in the PB will take it off....you need to wash the PB off right after....apply by using the tooth brush rub the trim / plastic then wash off with soapy water and rinse.

The second is Poorboys Trim Restore this is the one that I use and is hands down the best that I have seen...its an oil based product and can be used for all kinds of things to condition your car.....rubber seals, plastic trim, tires, vinyl, etc.

You can get that here

http://www.poorboysworld.com

hockeynut
08-02-2006, 08:26 AM
Two things will work and one I will bet you have...creamy peanut butter and a tooth brush...I know this sounds silly but the oils in the PB will take it off....you need to wash the PB off right after....apply by using the tooth brush rub the trim / plastic then wash off with soapy water and rinse.

The second is Poorboys Trim Restore this is the one that I use and is hands down the best that I have seen...its an oil based product and can be used for all kinds of things to condition your car.....rubber seals, plastic trim, tires, vinyl, etc.

You can get that here

http://www.poorboysworld.com

:stupid:

Peanut butter...it cleans your can and fills your tummy!

xspeedy
08-02-2006, 08:35 AM
In the future, use a wax product that doesn't stain.

Elvis530i
08-02-2006, 09:57 AM
I use Meguiar's #40 Vinyl and Rubber cleaner. Wipes it right off, and no PB residue. :D :thumbup:

NH-SHICKS
08-03-2006, 05:29 PM
mr clean magic eraser. Be careful

dboy11
08-03-2006, 05:31 PM
mr clean magic eraser. Be careful

The magic eraser without some experience can do more harm that good...what I suggested will not hurt the car in anyway and take the wax off in seconds