PDA

View Full Version : wheel paint

ashecnc
08-05-2006, 05:47 PM
I searched with very little results, does anyone know if BMW or anyone on the net sells touch up paint for the e60 5 series wheels? THe wheels seem to be a different shade than standard wheels color, maybe it shines more, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Bobby 325i
08-05-2006, 06:57 PM
IIRC BMW's wheels are painted Titanium Silver just like the paint on the body is.

ashecnc
08-05-2006, 08:11 PM
IIRC BMW's wheels are painted Titanium Silver just like the paint on the body is.
Where is this sold, the M5 wheels may be satin finish? They have a different finish than the standard bmw wheels. I just need a few small dabs

Bobby 325i
08-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Where is this sold, the M5 wheels may be satin finish? They have a different finish than the standard bmw wheels. I just need a few small dabs

The E39 M5 and the E46 M3 wheels were painted in a color called chrome shadow or something along those lines. There isn't a paint code for those wheels.

TOGWT
08-06-2006, 09:51 AM
I don’t guarantee a perfect colour match but these products comes closer than most;
Wurth European Blend Lacquers (Wurth Silver Wheel Paint is a ‘perfect match’ for Porsche, BMW, Audi, Mercedes-Benz and some VW wheels) Wurth Clear Coat (http://www.performanceproducts)