PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Bloopers, share your stories

bol
01-21-2002, 02:59 PM
Share your stories friends! You're in good company, we promise not to use this information against you...

I'll start it off...

Once, while cleaning the rear window in my car I quickly realzied that the windex wasn't coming off. Well, it wasn't windex, it vinyl treatmeant. That one took a while to get off :)

And once, while at a wand wash when it had snowed, I realized near the end of spraying the car down, that the drivers side window was open a tad :) That one made for some good interior cleaning though!

Now I *KNOW* I'm not the only one here with some mishaps!

Guest84
01-22-2002, 06:05 AM
None yet! (Knocks on wood)

ZBB 325Ci
01-22-2002, 10:18 AM
This happened to my neighbors when I was a kid. I must have been 7 or 8 and our neighbors 3 or 4-year old decided to help wash his mom's car -- an early 70s Mercedes sedan.

He thought it was dirty inside, but he couldn't get the door open. So he climbed up the hood, over the windshield and stuck a hose in the sunroff (which was left open). Then he wandered away (he was only 3 or 4). But the hose was left on for quite awhile. His dad found it with water leaking out the doors with at least 1 foot of water inside.

Oops.

PA330i
01-23-2002, 11:11 AM
This was less a blooper than a tragedy, but I once used a brush with vinyl bristles to wash my car (usually I use a good quality horse hair brush or sheepskin mit). I ended up with surface scratches on every conceivable surface of my paint. I felt like a complete idiot and to make matters worse, the car was only 2 months old and in flawless condition. However, thanks to the good folks at 3M (IHG) and P21S, and about 10 hours worth of labor on my part, I am happy to say the car is once again *almost* flawless.

ict330xi
01-24-2002, 06:17 PM
Without a doubt, the dumbest thing I ever have done. About 5 years ago, I was waxing and was not careful about keeping it off of the black trim. I never got it totally off of the trim.
If I ever wax and sleepwalk at the same time again does anyone have any quick ways of getting it off?

JD
01-25-2002, 07:10 AM
Try peanut butter or peanut oil :thumb: