PDA

View Full Version : What type of wax should I use?

bryan330i
08-07-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm planning on waxing my car for the first time and I was wondering what is the best wax I can use. I have heard that the traditional method of applying wax and buffing it off can leave swirl marks in the paint over time. Is it better to use soap with wax in it as I wash my car?:dunno:

hockeynut
08-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Head over to the Detailing section -> http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Wash+wax together is good for a beater. If you want to keep your bimmer looking top notch then you need to look at the systems like Zaino, Klasse, etc. Each has its following, and each does a great job. But they all take time and attention to detail (hence the term "Detailing").

Elvis530i
08-07-2006, 05:52 PM
That's kind of like asking, "What food should I eat?" :angel:

Do some homework first, them come back with a more specific question. :thumbup:

Boxboss
08-07-2006, 08:02 PM
you need to look at the systems like Zaino, Klasse, etc. Each has its following, and each does a great job. And then there are those that use combinations. I use Klasse AIO + Zaino on the Mineral Silver 6er and Diamond Pearl SRX, and AIO + Souveran on the Toledo Blue 7er. I think Zaino looks better on light colors and carnauba on darker ones.

Fixxer
08-08-2006, 02:35 PM
You need to look into Brandnames Zaino, Klasse, Pinnacle Souveran P21 and such.
There are tons of post on these brands and they are all good. Personally I use Klasse All In One (AIO) coated with Pinnacle Souveran. I have the AIO for protection and the Souveran for luster.
Good luck.

LWRNCE
08-10-2006, 05:26 PM
I may be biased but Meguiars Gold class or NXT.

Artslinger
08-11-2006, 06:28 AM
The easiest to use that would also provide excellent protection and shine would be Klasse AIO followed by P21S carunba wax.

DRWWE
08-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Go to Griots Garage, or Autogeek and order some products starting with a good wash, clay, and sealant or wax along with some applicators and towels. They sell quality products. DOn't buy large quantities of anything. If you don't like the resuts or the way it feels try something else. Most of us who have been doing this a while have collected several products and will have different opinions about the ease of use and shine. As long as you use quality products and use then correctly, you will not hurt your car if you try different things. If you are afraid of a new product on your car, then wax your riding lawnmower (assuming you have one) just for practice (that's how I leaned to use my buffer).

Currently my favorite is Griots paint sealant. It is very easy to use, looks good, and lasts. WIth some P21S on top of it it really looks great. I personally think Klasse is more labor intensive than the Griots but also looks good. P21S is my favorite paste-type wax.

Nova Bimmer
08-11-2006, 10:00 AM
I'm planning on waxing my car for the first time and I was wondering what is the best wax I can use. I have heard that the traditional method of applying wax and buffing it off can leave swirl marks in the paint over time. Is it better to use soap with wax in it as I wash my car?:dunno:
One word: ZAINO.

Kiff_Ramsey
08-15-2006, 12:50 PM
ok i've been doing a little homework, apparently alot of people like zaino, but someone says souveren is better for dark colours. I'm planning on using Klasse AIO and either zaino or souveren. which one should I use for my car (oriental blue) and why?

Also, I'm from toronto, and i'm not sure if I can find these products around here so i've been searching online. anyone from the area know where I can get these products locally?

dboy11
08-15-2006, 04:34 PM

Wax is something that will make the car look great but not take off any of the crud that is on the surface.....there is plenty on a new car....I would go to the best auto parts store or BMW dealership and get Klasse AIO its great stuff for what you are going to do...you can also get there SG sealant which out in your area would be good

M Style III
08-15-2006, 07:47 PM
www.zainobros.com

This has all the info you'll ever need...

Desertnate
08-15-2006, 08:07 PM
www.zainobros.com

Really? :confused:

I didn't see a single Klasse product anywhere! :neener:

dboy11
08-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Really? :confused:

I didn't see a single Klasse product anywhere! :neener:

Your not going to these guys are suggesting Zaino its real a decent product but more of a cult / boutique line than anything.....Klasse is a one step product called AIO (all in one) so that it cleans and offers some protection all in one application....their sealant will offer allot more protection and shine as a second step.....for the person that is NOT looking at working on their car all day or doing multiple steps and layering which Zaino is all about...the Klasse is the way to go...that's the reason that I suggested it.

if you are looking at online stores that cares it

http://www.detailcity.org

laidback
08-16-2006, 08:10 PM
has anyone mix pinnacle souveran with zaino (ex...3 coats of zfxz5 and then polish and apply pinnacle souveran, polish and so on and so forth)

ThatOneGuy
08-16-2006, 10:50 PM
www.zainobros.com

+1, I used to be a Zymol guy, Zaino is amazing stuff. It's a mofo to put on the first time but you can't deny the results. I didn't wash my car for 3 weeks. The only way you could tell it hadn't been washed... dusty wheels. Amazing.

dboy11
08-17-2006, 09:14 AM
has anyone mix pinnacle souveran with zaino (ex...3 coats of zfxz5 and then polish and apply pinnacle souveran, polish and so on and so forth)

The steps in laying these products are polish using the Z5 if that's your choice...laying this product is not necessary, because polish is a mild aggressive one cancels the other out....then wax as your LSP (last step product) any good paste or liquid carnauba wax will do here....this is a layer-able product....Two cost should be enough IMO....if you are looking for depth in shine & added durability before you add the wax you can add a sealant
These are available on the site that I posted earlier in this thread...then you can add the wax.

Faxe
08-18-2006, 06:33 AM
Is the BMW products actually Klasse AIO. ?

dboy11
08-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Is the BMW products actually Klasse AIO. ?

I believe that Meguiars makes BMW products...Klasse is a German manufacture and almost all BMW dealerships care for that reason