PDA

View Full Version : kalasse AIO + SG detailing question

flyboyy
08-09-2006, 05:15 PM
hi , I am planning to detail my car and have bought the following product Kalasse AIO + SG , its my first time detailing my bmw silver 2003, let me know if I am doing the process right correct me if im doing anything wrong thanks

1. Will was the car with optinium no rinse wash then dry with microfiber towels

2. clay it

3. they apply Kalasse AIO how long do I have to wait to apply Kalasse SG ?

4. then I will apply carnauba moose wax , how long do I have to wait before I apply it ?

what should i use to clean my rims ? there are black spots on some areas and what can i use to keep brake dust and other things from getting dirty ?

also my cars hood has some paint chips do i have to fix it first or can i just detail it anyways ?

all opinions welcome , I will be doing all of this by hand mostly and will use a craftsman buffer machine because I cant afford a PC yet. any idea how long this will take for a newbie ?

2001 540 AZ
08-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Couple of comments:

After you clay the car you will need to assess the condition of the paint (swirls, scratches, etc.) If you have those you will probably need to polish prior to AIO application. Definitely use a high quality polish that works with Klasse products. (personal preference I use Menzerna) A silver car is much more forgiving versus a black or darker color, if you're happy with the paint condition after claying then go with AIO next.

You can apply SG right after AIO. However you will need to wait about 12 hours after appling your first coast of SG before applying your second coat. I've found on black cars that you will see a noticable difference in shine after each coat of SG with diminishing returns after three coats of SG I don't see much difference.

Many on the forum apply carnuba right after SG.

Search through the forum on wheel cleaners, seems several people use different methods. For me personally, I use AIO then three coats of SG....doesn't keep the brake dust off but definitely makes it easier to clean.

You can fix the road rash (hood chips) whenever.

BrianSF
08-10-2006, 07:55 AM
Questions 1 through 4 can be answered by reading DavidN's excellent Detailing 101 post on e90post.com. It's here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9145 I would suggest though using a dedicated car wash product, a wash mitt or brush and a hose, rather than Optimum No Rinse (assuming you have access to a hose). Dry with a MF towel. DavidN's post gives washing and calying techniques.

On your wheels question, search this forum and the Wash, Wax, Detailing... forum on e90post.com or autopia.org. This issue has been dealt with ad nauseam.

On your paint chip question, sure you can detail right over paint chips. You'll get clean and sealed paint chips. If you want to fix them, see this ppost on this forum: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32625