PDA

View Full Version : Aio & Sg

ajfB004
08-15-2006, 09:02 AM
Ok I ordered my Klasse AIO and SG the guy also threw in a second 16.9 ounce bottle of SG . My 745 is black and has swirl marks from the previous owner. I will be applying the AIO and SG by hand unless anyone has a suggestion about the PC 7336 SP ( saw one at lowes for $109.00 and thought about picking it up.)

What product would work best for the swirl marks or will the AIO take care of it. They are noot that deep in the paint just minor surface stuff.

BrianSF
08-15-2006, 09:14 AM
Check out the suggestions/technigues here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9145

You will not be able to remove even minor swirls with AIO by hand.

dboy11
08-16-2006, 09:37 AM
Ok I ordered my Klasse AIO and SG the guy also threw in a second 16.9 ounce bottle of SG . My 745 is black and has swirl marks from the previous owner. I will be applying the AIO and SG by hand unless anyone has a suggestion about the PC 7336 SP ( saw one at lowes for $109.00 and thought about picking it up.)

What product would work best for the swirl marks or will the AIO take care of it. They are noot that deep in the paint just minor surface stuff.

Buying a PC would be a nice addition to your paint care...they are very user friendly...however they will not remove all the swirls in your paint but come real close with practice.....As for removing swirls a good dedicated swirl remover is what you are going to need...Check this site for a list of those the one that I like are by Poorboys World SSR line easy to use and can be used well by hand and machine....For pads and education on all these processes I would have a look at this site its free

http://www.detailcity.org

http://www.poorboysworld.com

Desertnate
08-16-2006, 10:44 AM
I concurr with all the inputs. AOI by itself won't remove the swirl marks...trust me...I know. :(

HOWEVER, you can apply the Klasse twins by hand with very good results. I would also recommend that you add a bottle of Sonus Spritz or Glanz to your tool kit as well. They both contain SG and work great for those washes between applications of the SG. I also found the Spritz worked great in getting the occasional streak out of the SG. I am sure that is a bigger issue with a dark car like yours compared to my dearly departed silver BMW or gray Toyota.

Spartacus_33
08-16-2006, 12:41 PM

A Steeler fan living in Texas? ... and you're still alive?

Here's a new logo for you........ :rofl:

ajfB004
08-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Hey I go where the job sends me. This was the last move though, The housing market here is really buter friendly vs teh DC area.

OK I have the Pinacle XMT 3,2,&1 remover kit and pads on the way. after the wash and clay swirl remover lightest to do the job then AIO and SG by hand. Thanks fellas:thumbup:

hockeynut
08-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Zaino has a new D/A product for swirls, might wanna give it a try: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-PC&Category_Code=Zaino

eww330i
08-29-2006, 04:46 PM
I have completed putting on 3 coats of SG and the bimmer is glazing now! How long do I have to wait before I can Use this P21s carnuba wax on top of it ,I hope its not another week?:eeps:

Desertnate
08-29-2006, 06:19 PM
To answer your question about the SG, normally you only have to wait 24hrs at most between coats.

If I understand things correctly, you applied a coat of AIO, and then 3 coats of SG and now want to apply a coat of wax? To me that seems like a bit of overkill. You would have probably produced the same results by appling the P21S straight on top of the AIO. What will now happen is the wax will wear away in a couple of months and your SG/AIO combo will continue to live on for another 3 or 4. As for cosmetics, I don't know if you will gain much from P21S now that you already have 3 coats of SG on the car

mookjohnson
08-30-2006, 12:46 PM
I have completed putting on 3 coats of SG and the bimmer is glazing now! How long do I have to wait before I can Use this P21s carnuba wax on top of it ,I hope its not another week?:eeps:

I don't have an answer to this question, for I often wonder the same. I have been using the Klasse combo for a year now, and just assumed that if it takes 12 to 24 hours to cure before applying another coat of SG, then the same theory should apply when putting the final coat of carnuba on top.

The carnuba on top of the 3rd coat of SG is not overkill at all. SG gives a nice shine, but lacks life, appearing sterile. The final application of carnuba on top of SG really makes the difference, adding much depth to the paint and hiding swirls.

dboy11
08-30-2006, 01:17 PM
I don't have an answer to this question, for I often wonder the same. I have been using the Klasse combo for a year now, and just assumed that if it takes 12 to 24 hours to cure before applying another coat of SG, then the same theory should apply when putting the final coat of carnuba on top.

The carnuba on top of the 3rd coat of SG is not overkill at all. SG gives a nice shine, but lacks life, appearing sterile. The final application of carnuba on top of SG really makes the difference, adding much depth to the paint and hiding swirls.

The rule is 24 hours to let the SG sealant cure, then you are good to go with a paste wax of your choice

ajfB004
08-30-2006, 04:52 PM
I read on another board that you could apply the SG in thin coats without waiting the 24 hrs. The trick was to apply it thin and then buff with the microfiber directly after application. The SG evidently dries sufficiently enough to do this and then you can start teh process stem to stern over again without the waiting time. I tried this process and was quite pleased with the results there is minimal effort with the buffing off of the SG and after 3 coats the car was fantastic.:thumbup: No need for carnuba over this type of shine it would be a waste of time.

Wash w Dawn
Clay
Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover
2 AIO
3 SG

dboy11
08-31-2006, 08:53 AM
I read on another board that you could apply the SG in thin coats without waiting the 24 hrs. The trick was to apply it thin and then buff with the microfiber directly after application. The SG evidently dries sufficiently enough to do this and then you can start teh process stem to stern over again without the waiting time. I tried this process and was quite pleased with the results there is minimal effort with the buffing off of the SG and after 3 coats the car was fantastic.:thumbup: No need for carnuba over this type of shine it would be a waste of time.

Wash w Dawn
Clay
Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover
2 AIO
3 SG

Sounds interesting one thing about Klasse is that its much different than allot of products...their AIO requires no dry time at all wipe on wipe off......The only thing that I would suggest to you is drop the dish soap on your next wash and any others...its going to wash all your hard work off the car....dish soap is degreaser and that's the base of allot of car care products...look for a good car wash soap at your local auto parts store if you don't have one already.

Boxboss
08-31-2006, 05:05 PM
I would suggest to you is drop the dish soap on your next wash and any others...its going to wash all your hard work off the car....dish soap is degreaser and that's the base of allot of car care products...look for a good car wash soap at your local auto parts store if you don't have one already.This has been the subject of a lot of discussion. I wash with Dawn before I clay to get it really clean and wax/oil free. The clay is going to remove all of that anyway, so why not help it out. NO, I don't use Dawn regularly - only before claying.

dboy11
09-01-2006, 07:30 AM
This has been the subject of a lot of discussion. I wash with Dawn before I clay to get it really clean and wax/oil free. The clay is going to remove all of that anyway, so why not help it out. NO, I don't use Dawn regularly - only before claying.

Its been discussed at two other forums that I post at for detailing as well....my thoughts are that once in a while before you clay the Dawn really won't hurt the car.....however clay is going to remove all the product so it seems over kill....its kind of like cleaning before the house maid gets there....One thing about Dawn or dish soap is that its really hard to get all the soap residue off the car as hot water is needed for that....there is a thin film of it that dose not wash off...the clay should take that off.