PDA

View Full Version : Bentley E46 Repair Manual

LilEccentricJ
12-21-2001, 09:50 PM
It is awesome and if you can still get with AYN on the GB you will not regret the purchase! The illustrations are the best I have seen in ANY repair manual including where and how to remove special connectors and what tools are best used to do so. This is good stuff!

With that said... for those who have the manual, how many typos / errors have you found?

1 - 170-14 2nd section "Working on ride side..." should be "Working on right side...."

2 - 510-6 1st section "Front bumper impact ab9sorber mounting..." should be "Front bumper impact absorber mounting..."

over90
12-21-2001, 10:02 PM
Oh man, you are sick!:) You already read the book from cover to cover? Damn! i just got mine today and man is this book thick! Good stuff!

LilEccentricJ
12-21-2001, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by over90
Oh man, you are sick!:) You already read the book from cover to cover? Damn! i just got mine today and man is this book thick! Good stuff!

Naw, not the whole thing! I'm only on 540-2 right now (sunroof stuff) and I got mine about 5 hours ago. Can't put it down! :D

LilEccentricJ
12-21-2001, 10:13 PM
Interesting... you know the "mileageman" ad on the .org? You know, the guy that reprog. your instument cluster to the "correct" mileage? Look at 600-4 and 630-3... looks like these things have redundant data storage of VIN, milage and service int. part in the cluster and part in the light switch. Does this mean that if he reprogs. the cluster a trouble code will be set or he isn't able to do E46? weird anyway. Gotta get back to the book!

ayn
12-22-2001, 12:02 AM
cool, can't wait to get mine! I think I'm one away from getting mine. I think 2 people showed interest so if like one of them buy one on Monday I'll be all set! =)

btw, the GB is still going on, email me if any of u here wanna be included!

--Andrew