PDA

View Full Version : Overspray removal HELP!

ethirtynine
08-17-2006, 04:28 PM
i sprayed my tail lights a few days ago with "testors candy apple red" and there is some over spray. gladly its not too visible but it left my paint rough to the touch. is there anyway to remove it and make the paint smooth again? thanks

Socalz71
08-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Try claying the area you oversprayed. If not a good light compound should work

BrianSF
08-17-2006, 06:23 PM
:confused: I'll admit to being in the dark on this one. Why on Earth would one want to spray paint their tail lights with "testors candy apple red" or any other color/paint? I even searched the forum and came up blank on this one...:confused:

ethirtynine
08-17-2006, 07:01 PM
:confused: I'll admit to being in the dark on this one. Why on Earth would one want to spray paint their tail lights with "testors candy apple red" or any other color/paint? I even searched the forum and came up blank on this one...:confused:
because i have amber turnsignals

BrianSF
08-17-2006, 07:04 PM
because i have amber turnsignals

Sorry, I didn't notice what you were driving--thought it was an E90. My bad.:slap:

ethirtynine
08-17-2006, 07:19 PM
no prob

dboy11
08-18-2006, 08:54 AM
i sprayed my tail lights a few days ago with "testors candy apple red" and there is some over spray. gladly its not too visible but it left my paint rough to the touch. is there anyway to remove it and make the paint smooth again? thanks

Over spray in most cases is quite easy to remove...Head for your local auto parts store and get a clay kit, Mother, Meguiars, Clay Magic are all available in most stores...the kit comes with a spray bottle of lube...after the car is washed, spray some lube on and use the clay to rub the surface no particular is direction is necessary so back and forth will work...The clay should slip over the surface and not grab if it dose then spray on a bit more lube.....keep kneading the clay as you go this keeps the fresh part on the surface....if I where you I would do the whole car...this will clean up what is on the surface of the car....the clay will start to turn brown in color as you go around the car...thats the contamination on the surface....after that a good polish and wax is in order...Klasee is a one step product that you could also use that will accomplish the polish and wax in one.

Store the clay in sandwich baggie with one spray of the lube...also the lube that is provided is a quick detail spray that is used in the industry for giving cars that just waxed look

If the clay dose not remove all the over-spray the polishing will...fro polishing by hand work in small areas like 12 x 12 inch areas this allows you to keep good control over the area and get the action on the surface...

ethirtynine
08-23-2006, 08:22 PM
thanks everyone, the claybar worked great.